04 mach 1 spun bearing how much to fix?

JoeBallz

May 31, 2004
Ok i have a 04 procharged mach 1 with a aluminator motor. Im almost 100% it spun a bearing. If so how much should it cost to repair this at a shop? I know people can only give rough prices since things can vary but im just trying to get a ballpark figure as to where i stand. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

here a very rough ballpark,

assuming all new bearing, seals and rings of course
with them pulling the motor 1500-3000
you pulling motor and taking it somewhere 750-1500
4.6's are a lot more costy than 5.0's im afraid =]

I was always under the impression that a spun bearing meant that the motor was finished, in other words it would be cheaper to just buy a whole new motor :shrug:

remember thats a rough and yes, but in deciding remember if u buy a shortblock the changing parts over, removing- reinstalling etc.. is still going to cost you, hard to say but either way it is a good chunk of change, i killed a block and took my built motor to engine shop and still cost me 2700 but i needed a new block and had a few things fixed.

Price will really be determined on how much damage it did to the crank and how much metal went through the motor and other components. Good thing is they have soft bearings so you might get lucky if you caught it early enough.

I would plan on atleast $1500 if you pull the motor and take it somewhere. I usually do a tear down on something like that for a minimal charge, then layout the various repair options....fasteners and gaskets really get ya on the modular stuff.

If I can help let me know