05 Mustang info sheet

vrpirata

Founding Member
Jul 22, 2002
Southern California
Well, may be repost: I got it from http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002251

InfoSheet1_medium.jpg

InfoSheet2_medium.jpg

Trunk.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Has anyone besides me noticed that this dealer card lists the width as 74.0", not the 72.1" listed in the magazine articles? :stick:

So much for all you clowns who were whining about the 2005 Mustang being too narrow. Does it look better to you guys now? :rlaugh:

That speed shot on the top right looks so much like a 69 sportsroof. Ford did a sweet job. The only main thing I would have done different would be the "mustang hind quarters" or the hump that starts right at the quarter windows on all the classics. It would have added a lot more character to it.

Ah, the Mustang isn't a sports car. It's more of a sports coupe. A sports car only has two seats. I don't have any complaints with the amount of space in the trunk itself, just the serious lack of access to it. The opening could be a bit wider. Oh well.

awalbert88 said:
Ah, the Mustang isn't a sports car. It's more of a sports coupe. A sports car only has two seats. I don't have any complaints with the amount of space in the trunk itself, just the serious lack of access to it. The opening could be a bit wider. Oh well.

It's a pony car. But it should be called a predatory fish car, since Plymouth was the first to introduce the concept with the Barracuda.

66Satellite said:
It's a pony car. But it should be called a predatory fish car, since Plymouth was the first to introduce the concept with the Barracuda.

Sorry but the original Barracuda wasn't much more than a Valliant with a big glass fastback roof stuck on its rear. It did not have Pony Car proportions, which is what made the original Mustang.

awalbert88 said:
The trunk shot is supposed to show us that, despite an entirely new Mustang, it still has a worthless trunk opening. Looks like we might have a tiny bit more space in there, but the opening is still pretty lousy. Sigh.

So go buy a Crown Victoria then. :rolleyes:

About the trunk, I agree with the haters, why can't they engineer the rear tail lights to be attached to the trunk? It would still look the same. Only thing I do miss about my Prode is the hatch, you could fit a butt-load of stuff in there, flip the rear seats down and you could put a freakin' conference table back there. Oh well, what counts is under the hood, not the trunk. ;-)

-Chris