05 Mustang info sheet

• Sponsors (?)

awalbert88 said:
Ah, the Mustang isn't a sports car. It's more of a sports coupe. A sports car only has two seats. I don't have any complaints with the amount of space in the trunk itself, just the serious lack of access to it. The opening could be a bit wider. Oh well.

No, a roadster has 2 seats.

Jaguar 2+2 was ALWAYS classified as a sports car.

Sports coupe has no real definition.

66Satellite said:
Getting OT, but I typed in 1964 273 Barracuda and 289 Mustang and found some fun links.
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I think the guy that wrote the Corvair article is now editor at "Automoblie" mag. Did you notice he "loved the Corvair"? They noted the 65 Mustang outsold the Cuda 680,000 to 88,000. Ford also sold 607,000 '66 Mustangs.

No flame please, but I think the 64/65 'cuda was a nice looking car. Add the V-8 and a 4-speed and it would be fun to drive. I'd rate it with the Camaro/Firebird (below the Mustang, of course). I didn't know the Cuda was released two weeks before the Mustang.

Pony car, sports sedan, sports car, sporty car :shrug:

If you can't read, please don't waste my time by replying. God, sometimes I wonder why I bother. It has enough trunk space. It's the rediculous opening that I am complaining about. Integrate the tail lights (or at least part of them) into the trunk lid, and voila, you have a usable trunk opening. Otherwise, it's a a pain in the neck to get anything in or out. Tell me to buy a Crown Vic, and you just continue to miss my point. Not everyone can afford two vehicles. Sometimes a Mustang has to be the daily driver and it has to be able to haul stuff around for people. I'm quite sure there have been people who have decided against buying a Mustang because of the small opening of the trunk -- "it'll be too hard to fit groceries in there," etc. I'm equally sure there has never been anybody who said "oh, that trunk opening is too big, I enjoy the challenge of crushing everything to fit it in there."

Again, this is not a huge complaint on my part. But you asked why we had a trunk shot, and I offered a comment about it. Blast me for having an opinion and you make a fool of yourself. If your opinion is that it's a big enough opening, fine, but piss off if you just want to bash me for it.

66Satellite said:
Getting OT, but I typed in 1964 273 Barracuda and 289 Mustang and found some fun links.

http://www.drivingtoday.com/greatest_cars/barracuda/

Hey what ever happend to those torsionn bar "springs"? Seems like 80% of the cars made today have some form of McPhearson struts up front and off the top of my head I can't think of one that uses torsion bars. I wonder if it could have been all those broken torsion bars. Used to be that you'd see quite a few old Plymouths & Dodges dead on the side of the road with one of their front tires jammed up into their wheel well.

Torsion bars are good for some things. I got me a genuine Plymouth torsion bar leaning up in the corner of my garage. Of course it's broken, but I ground down the broken end into a nice flat point. It makes a dynomite pry bar. :nice: