Leesburg VA
Hoping to test drive an 06 GT Convertible soon ... I recall
reading on this forum that you can get a copy of the
window sticker, even for an older Mustang: 1ZVHT85H265235449

Carfax from dealer says one owner. Maybe I'll get to a test
drive in the next few days! (Plan B: 2012 1/2 v6 perf package,
I would rather a 1/2 than a 13 ...).

There is a black 09 GT Convertible in Alexandria ... nice, but
a cool $8,000 more asking price (of course, newer, certified etc.)

It has the style/light bar ... that seems to be easy to
take off.

• Sponsors (?)

I say go for it! The 2006 Cabriolets have more than enough status. I get tons of looks in mine.

I wouldn't even get the V8. 99.99% of people (non-enthuiast) will not know the difference, it gets worse gas milage, and all that power promotes unsafe, juvenile driving. If your blowing the doors off every car you pass you don't even give them a chance to drool or break a vertabre as they turn their head. You gotta slow it down, take it slow, brother.

0e0dc711.jpg

I say go for it! The 2006 Cabriolets have more than enough status. I get tons of looks in mine.

I wouldn't even get the V8. 99.99% of people (non-enthuiast) will not know the difference, it gets worse gas milage, and all that power promotes unsafe, juvenile driving. If your blowing the doors off every car you pass you don't even give them a chance to drool or break a vertabre as they turn their head. You gotta slow it down, take it slow, brother.

0e0dc711.jpg

Questions actually in this one ...

Needed more Diet Coke...

Q1: Where or how can I look at the original
window sticker by providing a VIN?

Q2: Wondering if the factory style bar has a
brakelight in it?

Q3: Is there a program, or a "phone number" to
call that would set up a factory tour/visit to
pick up your new Mustang in person?

The plan is to test drive that '06 Monday. Will
shop for a proper muffler now ... just in case!

Thanks!

The VIN tool was not finding the VIN. I'll check again later
to see if the site was just busy.

So - the rollbar looking thing with a brake light is
an owner add? And not a roll bar... good to know.

Oh man - that would be cool to go get a new one ...

0e0dc711.jpg

Will you STFU about Cabriolets already??? :lol:

It's an FN chick car! That is all. :D

2009 Convertible ... carmax.

Going to check out an 09 convertible at carmax. About $6,000 more
than the '06 I was looking at, but 3 years newer, and 30K less
miles.

The 09 is also a CS - not sure I like the lower body panels and side
scoops - most convertibles I've seen don't have that. I will see
it in person later today. The price seems in line with KBB - $23,000.

At 37K, and 3 years old it is out of the bumper to bumber, but
has some time left on the powertrain! (5/60) which I think transferrs.

There is a "Ford Certified" non-CS 09 vert about 40 min away, though
it is $2,000 asking more - but has that extra warranty ...

I think the question you meant to ask but obviously forgot in that jumbled blur of words would be.....Does anyone know a place where I can enter the vin and pull the window sticker for the car?

The window sticker is available online for up to five model years. Copy and paste the entire URL into your internet browser - http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin= then enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) after the equal sign at the end of the web address.

There is a "Ford Certified" non-CS 09 vert about 40 min away, though it is $2,000 asking more - but has that extra warranty ...

Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicles all go through a 169-point inspection and come with the warranty which includes Roadside Assistance and rental car reimbursement. Let us know which one you decide on, or if I can help in any way. :)

~Natasha