1/4 window idea

gashog

Dec 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
I don't know if this has ever been imagined yet, or if it even exists. I know they make quarter window 'delete' kits but, why not make a vinyl sticker that covers it or maybe make a stick on tint that gives the appearance of a delete, but the window is still functional. I am looking to get rid of this window somehow but none of the louver kits are to my liking. I'm not super confident about installing the SHR louvers myself.

• Sponsors (?)

BSM sells a "window delete" decal.
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7

I hear from people that have installed them that the SHR louvers are not hard to install. Just take your time. I'm sure the process is the same for the Saleen window deletes. Otherwise, have a glass shop do it. Probably will cost you $100. Either the Saleen deletes or the SHR Louvers will look a lot better than a sticker.

I don't know if this has ever been imagined yet, or if it even exists. I know they make quarter window 'delete' kits but, why not make a vinyl sticker that covers it or maybe make a stick on tint that gives the appearance of a delete, but the window is still functional. I am looking to get rid of this window somehow but none of the louver kits are to my liking. I'm not super confident about installing the SHR louvers myself.

Actually doesn't look to bad to me, especially what Darkfire showed us. Are you gonna do it?

I emailed Partscheap a few months ago with the same idea about the Shelby delete plate and they said it could easily be prepped and painted to the color of my choice at my local body shop. I am still undecided if I want one. Another option would be Cervinis #4334 quarter louver. I would add a pic but it says copyrighted material.

I emailed Partscheap a few months ago with the same idea about the Shelby delete plate and they said it could easily be prepped and painted to the color of my choice at my local body shop. I am still undecided if I want one. Another option would be Cervinis #4334 quarter louver. I would add a pic but it says copyrighted material.

You can post copyrighted material as long as you don't claim it to be yours or try to make money off of it. Just posting the picture does not violate the copyright.

I would right click the pic on the webpage to save it and a copyright block would appear. If someone else can get it to appear post it. It is a nice pic of their louvers for those who have never seen them. I think I would like a Shelby panel painted Torch Red better.

They were a good idea, but not executed well.

4334_820.jpg

Posting a picture to a board is not violating copyright laws. Especially when it's being hotlinked from the original source. If that were the case, most everything posted to a webboard, with the exception of personal pictures, would be violating copyright laws.

I know tons of people in the glass install business... I'm going to pull mine and paint the inside glass gloss black just to see how it looks. True I will not be able to see out of them but I'm rarely looking out of them now. If it's not what I want the SHR louvers will go in.

BSM sells a "window delete" decal.
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7

I hear from people that have installed them that the SHR louvers are not hard to install. Just take your time. I'm sure the process is the same for the Saleen window deletes. Otherwise, have a glass shop do it. Probably will cost you $100. Either the Saleen deletes or the SHR Louvers will look a lot better than a sticker.

Thanks for the link, i wish they would sell them in factory colors though.

I'll probably end up with the SHR louvers in the end though.

I don't think the law permits you to post copyrighted material. I teach copyright law to journalism students. Also, I see nothing in the link publishlawyer that indicates it is OK.
A link might be OK because that takes a person to the original site. But I really don't believe using the actual image would be permitted.
However, I also believe that a photo of something attached to your car would not be covered by the copyright law provided the photo is intended to show your car and its modifications not that one item exclusively.

I don't think the law permits you to post copyrighted material. I teach copyright law to journalism students. Also, I see nothing in the link publishlawyer that indicates it is OK.
A link might be OK because that takes a person to the original site. But I really don't believe using the actual image would be permitted.
However, I also believe that a photo of something attached to your car would not be covered by the copyright law provided the photo is intended to show your car and its modifications not that one item exclusively.

Sorry Stan. Maybe you're correct. But I find that a bit hard to swallow because you can jump on any board at any time, open 1 of every 2-4 threads and find someone posting a picture that they didn't take. That doesn't just go for webboards. You can find that on any website. I just posted a picture a little bit ago of someone else's car with some custom mirror work. So I violated copyright laws?

I never said that link cleared me or anyone else of posting pictures. But I didn't see anything on there that specifically dealt with that type of situation.

In any event, it's an event that happens every day, and no one is going to get in trouble for posting an appropriate image on the board... Let's leave it at that and have a good weekend.

:SNSign: