$100 Racing seats.... Anyone heard of these

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
MRC seats.... someone has them local for $100
k_seats_black2b.jpg

1157461131127_k_seats_black3.jpg

Literally around the corner... they are like new... i sat in them and the side ass supports are just like all foam and dont feel supportive.... the back piece does however. Not sure if they are worth picking up...

http://www.madracingconcepts.com/Seats/seats.htm

• Sponsors (?)

They look like a knock-off milano seat which is the baddest seat I've ever seen. They look cheaply made but when I first saw them I thought about buying them. I guess it comes down to if the metal on the sides is rear or chromed plastic and how cheap the back of the seat looks. For $100 I'd get them though. I'd kill to find any sort of racing seat for that price as I need a set for my cobra for autocross but I need something very supportive.

thats the problem... the ass part is not suportive its just like big foam pads no metal on the sides.... they are basically new i told they guy id call him in the morning and let him know but im not as intrested as i thought i would be...

Yea thats what i was thinking...

although... after thinking about it..

you have put an awfull lot of very nice work into your car.. do you really want your MAIN connection to it to be through the cheapest seat you could find?

just a thought..

and as an after thought to that thought.. (Tuesday is my thinking day...) at $100 you have not really put off those Recaros by that far.. and if you then sell these to a ricer, you are back to square one, except for that driving around on a milk crate thingie...

(and you know you want Recaro's, don't even say you haven't thought about them :)

i want corbeau's or summit sports...

i just want something all around suportive... my stock leathers are not... but neither are these seats...

Just ordered Corbeau's last night... my stock seats don't look that bad, but they sit terrible, and my wife hates them. The driver's side is way broke down on the door side, partly from age, and partly because the previous owner(s) didn't bother to fix the broken track and just rode with the gangsta' lean for god knows how long.

edited to add.. had summit seats in my '83, not a bad seat for the money, had to fab my own track adapters.

I know it's alot more, but I'd wait and save for the Scat/Procar sport seats from Summit...I've sat in 'em at the store in McDonough and was immediatly sold! :nice: I am definitely getting a pair since my power motor took a crap last weekend and I had to take it apart and manually move the seat back to my position...

$424 gets black/black velour seats/tracks/sliders-a little steep, but nothing compared to Sparco/Corbeau with the tracks/sliders

I've sat in the summit and scat seats too and wouldn't buy them. But I do have sparco torino's so my standard is set a bit high now in comparison. Also, the summit seats have a very high back from what I remember and they may not look right in a convertible. For the price corbeaus are a great seat. I'm probably getting a set of them for my '94 cobra.