12.44 @ 103 mph lol...lots of ???'s

UnderdogGN

May 7, 2006
well i ran my car yesterday at test and tune...it went a 12.44 @ 103 mph with a 1.77 60 ft hahah. Its an 89 LX convertable with an AOD too. It has AFR 165's, cobra intake, F cam, 24# injectors, true 3200 stall, 4.10 gears, 17" nitto drags, upper/lower control arms, drags shocks and all other bolton mods and last but not least a 100 shot of zex nitrous.

I basically ran out of gear about 25 yards from the traps and coasted to the 103 mph lol, plus i peddled it out of the hole for the 1.77 60ft.

So my questions are:
will too high of a stall converter cause low mph at the top end?
how much more speed/rpm could i get out of changing to 3:73's?
How come i dont hear about any other AOD guys running out of gear?
How much will a bigger tire affect speed/rpm at the top?
Does low bottle pressure affect horsepower?

Im happy with my times because i know it will be in the 11's with 125 Horse jets, mickey thompson drag radials, and 3:73's so i can run it all the way down the track lol.
Plus its a daily driver street car that has an AOD and its a vert

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post but im excited to finally be in the 12 second club!!!

• Sponsors (?)

damn nice times, but I would expect those times N/A, how much of ashot were your running? Do you have a 6 pt roll bar?

In my 5 speed, I shift to fourth about 100 yds from the trap, shifting at 5500 rpmwith 3.73s

Best bottle pressure for the most efficient times is around 1000psi.

Wow, nice times. I'm hoping to get my car down to that range just on motor alone. I'm in the high12.70's-low12.80's right now.

That's a pretty stout street car. Although I have a 5 speed I want to switch over to 4:10's.

I'm out of gear with the 4.10s in my 93. My best is a 12.72@109 with a stock converter and a 100 shot wet plate.. I can't get my 60's any lower than around a 2.2 with the stock converter.

My window switch shuts off at 6k and right as it traps the nitrous shuts off.

it has a 100 shot on it...i also have a bottle warmer but the highest pressure ive read is 700 so far?? I dont have any cage in it or anything, It ran a best of 13.30 @ 100 mph without the nitrous, but that was before my suspension mods..I definately still think i can easily go 11's which is where it should be...some of you should keep in mind the AOD vert is the heaviest fox so you can add 3-4 tenths just from that...anyways thanks for the replies all