13.2 @ 104...

• Sponsors (?)

*Great* run!! :hail2:

What were your shift points? Now that plenty of dyno results have been posted, it seems pretty clear that torque starts to dive at 4500rpms and horsepower flattens at 5000rpms. Seems like shifting between 5000 and 5500 might give the best results???

wrx-no-mo said:
*Great* run!! :hail2:

What were your shift points? Now that plenty of dyno results have been posted, it seems pretty clear that torque starts to dive at 4500rpms and horsepower flattens at 5000rpms. Seems like shifting between 5000 and 5500 might give the best results???

Nope...The gear ratios are like 3.3 round about in 1st gear
compared to 2.0 for 2nd gear

2.0/3.3 = .60 = 1-.60 = .40 or 40% loss in power.

So unless the hp is 40% LESS before you shift compared to after then your shifting too early or it may have to go to redline and your forced to shift.

kirkyg

Well, I was one of the ones who said 13.2 was believable with the weight that was removed.

But honestly, when lopey pulled the "I'll try to be on tonight and post the slips" card, TWICE, IIRC, and then no timeslips were ever posted, NO ONE can blame the skeptics for jumping on it... especially since this forum has had more than its fair share of lamers who have said the exact same thing about their remarkable strip times and never produced any evidence.

It's not just the "13.2 bone stock!" lamers talking about their non-existent 05 Mustang GTs, but for just about every car discussed here (GTO, WRX STi, Evo, etc.) there's been the idiots who've SEEN their car pull ultra-fantabulous numbers, but they can't remember where the website that the video is linked to or their dog ate their timeslip.

Basically, if you want to post about track times, please have the evidence ready to go, or the skeptics will jump down your throat. It wouldn't hurt to wait a day or two before posting, if that's how long it takes to get access to a scanner.

TOM89LX50 said:
Read the other posts related to this topic "13.20@104 stock".

Don't tell me to be EASY. They want to bring it...here it comes...Tom.
When tyler tells you to be easy I think you should listen to him considering he's a Mod. If you are upset that's fine but it's in your best interest not to piss off the guy who can make sure you are no longer allowed to come around here anymore.

I must say lopey, I think you put too high an importance on the post count. For example, I've been a member of the Corral for over 5 years and have read quite a lot of the tech threads, but my post count is quite low, even over there. I do more lurking and reading then posting. And I try to keep my posts useful and relevent, except for the odd post in the Copacabana and the Lounge every now and then.
:D

In your defense, there was quite a lot of agressive people who have now been proved wrong, and it's true that most of them had a low post count...

TOM89LX50 said:
Read the other posts related to this topic "13.20@104 stock".

Don't tell me to be EASY. They want to bring it...here it comes...Tom.

It was not a request.

There are rules in this forum and they need to be followed. You as a "founding Member" should be well aware of these rules. I as a moderator must enforce said rules.

So as I said before....

Easy there fella.

EDIT: FYI, I did read those threads, that is why most of them were deleted.

Philippe said:
I must say lopey, I think you put too high an importance on the post count. For example, I've been a member of the Corral for over 5 years and have read quite a lot of the tech threads, but my post count is quite low, even over there. I do more lurking and reading then posting. And I try to keep my posts useful and relevent, except for the odd post in the Copacabana and the Lounge every now and then.
:D

In your defense, there was quite a lot of agressive people who have now been proved wrong, and it's true that most of them had a low post count...

I think the point of post count is missed in this instance.

I look very closely at post count. When a guy comes here and has 25 posts to his name and only 3 of them are contibutions to the forum and the rest are pure garbage (jacob9 or any other version of that name as example) I basically treat them as a troll and motion to have them banned.

If a guy has 150 posts to his name and get in a tiff with someone, I can usually give a warning and they cool off.

It is a matter of perspective I guess.

jasonlee0704 said:
but for just about every car discussed here (GTO, WRX STi, Evo, etc.) there's been the idiots who've SEEN their car pull ultra-fantabulous numbers, but they can't remember where the website that the video is linked to or their dog ate their timeslip.

In defense of the '04 GTO's running 13.10's bone stock,

Here's a link Thread

here are some slips,

gtotimeslip4.jpg

I still believe '05 GT's will be putting up similar numbers when they get some miles and track time on them.

Has this car been flashed? Power, torque and peak a/f are in line with the values people have been reporting from tuned cars, not the 270/290/~11.0 we've been seeing from stock cars.