$1500 Later, car is slower HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

when changing to 1.7s problems with pushrod length usually come about. You can get an adjustable pushrod from summit I think for like 12 bucks. I might have seen them in a 50SF magazine but I dunno. I know after getting my 1.7s I need different length rods. I noticed the shims don't all look the same thickness either.

txstang84 said:
not to hijack; what's the deal with granatelli meters? I've heard the same before, but no particular reason why...

alot of people (atleast i know of) have had problems with them.. they would f' up your idle etc.. :shrug: its just a common things with those.. i run C&L so i can change out the tubes and haven't had problems (knock on wood)

well i put the stock injectors in, and i have the fpr vacume disconnected, and i put in a larger mas tube, from vortech that says its for 24 lb injectors, but it reuses your stock meter, its just a larger body, and i am running that, with the roller rockers, and it is all good now.
it was either the injectors or the meter, but i spin in third now :D
and i was doing 155 or so today, and its was amazing, but the engine was getting hot when i was doing high speed runs.
one other thing is my shifter is messed up now, its like the its hard to push it to the left, i dont know maybe i bent something, anyone have any ideas?

300 hp is border line for 19's i wopuld go to the 24's if it was me? oh **** wait idid but i have a C&L as well those pro m's amd granitly's or watever they are are junk i took mine off as well for the C&L. peace

john:p

FSTRDNU said:
well i put the stock injectors in, and i have the fpr vacume disconnected, and i put in a larger mas tube, from vortech that says its for 24 lb injectors, but it reuses your stock meter, its just a larger body, and i am running that, with the roller rockers, and it is all good now.
it was either the injectors or the meter, but i spin in third now :D
and i was doing 155 or so today, and its was amazing, but the engine was getting hot when i was doing high speed runs.
one other thing is my shifter is messed up now, its like the its hard to push it to the left, i dont know maybe i bent something, anyone have any ideas?

Thats good to hear. Now keep tuning it and see how well you can get it to run.

part of the problem might be the throttle body positioning snesor. (i think thats what its called) i have not played with fue injected for a while now. You may have to recalibrate the sensor that sits ontop of the throttle body. Also rockers defiently have to be adjusted correctly. You sure the manifold is torqued correctly and you do not have any gaps in between the block and the manifold. Where are you located in NJ. I know of a great shop that does amazing work. They built my 347 and it has been running strong for 2 1/2 years now. I can give you the guys name and number if your intrested.

any 1 know whats wrong with my shifter?

i have a ticking sound, i wounder what it could be, do i need different size pushrds?
if so any 1 know what size?

thanks

justin