18x10 with 285 fit on a fox?

yellow86

Founding Member
Jul 30, 2001
Vancouver BC Canada
Im looking to get some 18x9(front) and 18x10(rear) will they fit on my fox with 95 spindals and a 95 rear end with cobra brakes? the tires are 265/35 for the front and the rear are 285/35s Iam not sure on the backspacing.the wheels are Boyd Coddington Smoothie IIs. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!
pics would be nice too! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

yellow86 said:
Im looking to get some 18x9(front) and 18x10(rear) will they fit on my fox with 95 spindals and a 95 rear end with cobra brakes? the tires are 265/35 for the front and the rear are 285/35s Iam not sure on the backspacing.the wheels are Boyd Coddington Smoothie IIs. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!
pics would be nice too! :nice:

I'm also seeking an answer to this question. I have 18x9(f) and 18x10(r) Roush Argents I'm hoping to put on my 87vert. I'm sure there is a way to get it done. I'd like to see some pictures if anyone out there has done this.

check these....

I love em....except the backspacing is whack!!!! One more inch of b/s and they would be perfect (this is on a 97 GT rear in a 92 coupe BTW)

533891_27.jpg

or this

533891_23.jpg

533891_25_full.jpg

oh well....anybody in the alabama, GA, sc, fla. area want some 18's? :shrug:

BTW, those are 295/35/18's on the back and 275/35/18's up front

yellow86 said:
looks good man! do u have any rubbing problems at all? what did u do to the rear to make them fit? if u have msn i would like to talk to u more! [email protected] add me and we'll talk!

LOL, look a little closer at the pics bro; they DON'T fit. They seem to hang out past the fender lip quite a bit; would probably have some serious issues with rubbing.

NKau said:
LOL, look a little closer at the pics bro; they DON'T fit. They seem to hang out past the fender lip quite a bit; would probably have some serious issues with rubbing.

You wouldn't be able to go over a bump without the tire pressing up on the fender lip. It would probably cause tire/fender damage if you hit a pothole.

BAM!!!! Imagine that sound as you were cruising down the road.