1965 Stang Restore Stalled @ Transmission

NewStangRestore

Oct 15, 2017
Hi! I just purchased a 1965 Mustang that had a restoration started but it was stopped VERY early. A 289 (out of a '66 Fairlane) with a C4 (I think) was dropped in it and now I can't figure out what's wrong. EVERYTHING I order for the transmission doesn't fit. More specifically, the transmission linkage is too short and the starter doesn't reach the flex plate. Anyone know where I can start to figure out where the disconnect is here?

Attachments

• 65 Mustang Tranny 1.JPG
    65 Mustang Tranny 1.JPG
    510.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 65 Mustang Tranny.JPG
    65 Mustang Tranny.JPG
    576.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Sponsors (?)

Hi! I just purchased a 1965 Mustang that had a restoration started but it was stopped VERY early. A 289 (out of a '66 Fairlane) with a C4 (I think) was dropped in it and now I can't figure out what's wrong. EVERYTHING I order for the transmission doesn't fit. More specifically, the transmission linkage is too short and the starter doesn't reach the flex plate. Anyone know where I can start to figure out where the disconnect is here?
The oil pan looks like possibly an FX/FMX pan, instead of C4. Search "C-4 images" to see if your transmission is really a C-4. imp