1967 with richmond 6 spd

Travis77

Oct 1, 2004
Baytown, TX
Had a chance to purchase a real nice 418 stroker with richmond six speed. I have done little research on this swap because at the time I was not thinking of a richmond. Trying to get a little heads up since I have a few months left before tearing into things. My car was originally a straight 6 with 3spd. I also plan on a hydraulic clutch. Any info would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I am not very familiar with the trans tunnel size of a 67 but I believe it should be close to a 69/70. I have a 70 Mustang with a Richmond 6spd and it fit well. No clearance issues with a hydraulic clutch installed and headers. I only had the shifter hole widened about 3/4" on the drivers side.

richmond 6 spd

Thanks for the replies, both look like killer cars. Someone told me it will take less work than a T-56, but I do not know for sure. Linkages, crossmember, header fitment, are the most concern to me.

Travis77 said:
Thanks for the replies, both look like killer cars. Someone told me it will take less work than a T-56, but I do not know for sure. Linkages, crossmember, header fitment, are the most concern to me.

Richmond will drop right in.

www.2mfffabshop.com has info. gp001 on here owns that site.

There are versions of it that will drop right in for a T-5 or a Toploader.

The T-56 on the other hand will require tunnel modification.