1968 "Arizona Special" is finally back from paint! (Pics) - Slow download alert!

68keyblr said:
Alot of paint guys won't paint over someone else's body work, but I've seen Bob work with other people. He's painting a '69 Mach I right now that was prepped by the owner. Just tell him Jeff sent you :D
QUOTE]

Most of the body work was done by http://southwestcustomtrucks.com/ on mine, when they built the chassis.. took a set of replacement 1/4 panels to make the wheel wells longer etc.. they LOOK stock, but 4 in longer..

First time you go for a drive will be cool.. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

interior

Just for giggles I put the carpet, seats and dashpad in place to see how they all looked together:

Finished_interior_mockup_800.jpg

That's my mom in the pic - she did the custom seats
interior_mockup_2_800.jpg

I love the color combo you chose:nice: The interior color and style look great and I love the Super Snake stripe you chose rather than the defacto Shelby. You are at the best part of the project, when you step back and stare at every part you bolt on for 10 minutes. Keep the pics coming.

jcode68 said:
I love the color combo you chose:nice: The interior color and style look great and I love the Super Snake stripe you chose rather than the defacto Shelby. You are at the best part of the project, when you step back and stare at every part you bolt on for 10 minutes. Keep the pics coming.

Interior

02GTdroptop said:
Whoa, where'd you get those seats from!? Thatr's actually what I want in my '68 when I am ready to redo the interior!!!

I got both front buckets from a local junkyard out of a '96 GT for $150 for the pair. I removed the power seat tracks and sold them on Ebay for $80 so I got them for a net of $70! LOL

My mom did the custom upholstery for the seats, door panels, package shelf, trunk, and sun visors - she used to own an upholstery business.

The grand total for the interior, including seats and all of the materials was $300...(Thanks Mom!)

Here's some before and after pics of the seats:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/598855/3