1996 Mustang GT motor and upgrade question

• Sponsors (?)

rob1 said:
I take it that installing the MIL's after the exhaust is done is fairly easy? I found a company called PEP and they have MIL's what looks to be a good price. Are they good?
Thanks

the install on the MIL's is very easy. Also any company's MILs are just about as good as the next.

big o car 4.6 said:
the install on the MIL's is very easy. Also any company's MILs are just about as good as the next.

Now I have heard different. I have heard that the plug in style don't last or don't work at all. I just got a pair of plug in ones from RPMoulet, I haven't tried them yet. I also have some homemade ones just in case. But from what I have see on the threads people say that the MIL's from PEP are the one's you want....... :notnice: :nice: ????

Well, I've made my decision on the exhaust. I'm going with the American Thunder cat back, BBK O/R H-pipe and cats, and bbk headers. This set up should give me that sound I'm looking for. I want that deep Mustang sound that when I get on it rattles everybody else's ears. You guys have been great, thanks. I have other mods in mind for next week or two and will be asking for more info then.
Thanks

Okay, the exhaust issue is settled and now it's time for wheels. I figure 17" is the safest way to go since it will be a daily driver all summer and I'm afraid of 18's rubbing or having trouble. I like 17" chrome cobra R's on ebay cause they're fairly cheap and look good but everybody has them. I also like SSR GT3 wheels from tiretrak.com. I personally think chrome wheels look best on my red mustang but since I've been unable to find pictures of other wheels on a 96 style mustang I'm limited on knowledge. I really want something different and awesome on the car but really don't want to go over $1000 on just wheels. Also, does anyone know where to get calipers powder coated in Indiana? I want to get them coated so that they don't look like crap behind the nice wheels. If anybody has any pics or places to look for wheels or any other nice accesory while I'm dressing up the outside I would appreciate it.
Thanks