2.3 Auto trans TV Cable problems

HELRAZR70

Mar 3, 2004
I just bought a 93 2.3/auto cheap because it has a fried tranny. I have had several 5.0 Mustangs and only a few 2.3s. I always pulled the 2.3 in favor of a V8, so I never had to deal with any 4cyl problems.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the hood was the TV cable having alot of slack in it. You can operate the throttle linkage to WOT and still not pull the TV cable at all. I know this is what killed the tranny. My question is: Is there a spacer or something that breaks/falls off at the throttle body? It appears that something is missing there. There is an "E" clip on the end of the cable housing just past the throttle cable brakcet that appears to have no purpose. My though is that it wouldn't be there if there wasn't something it held on! The cable is really loose with a small ferrule that keeps the cable from pulling back into the housing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there something missing from my cable/linkage? Help!

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

The TV cable does not change line pressure like it does on the AOD, and most other transmissions. It is only used as a kickdown.
BTW, this forum doesn't get a whole lot of traffic, but there are a lot of helpful people. Just be patcient.