2.5" vs 3" cat back exhaust 03 Cobra

AftrBurNr

Oct 8, 2007
just wondering which is better, someone told me that 3.0" only benefits a cobra that is around 600 RWHP, but thats where i wanna be anyway..

and till then i was planning on running with a magnaflow x pipe with high flow cats, so wont that make up for the lost back pressure?

I figure 2.5 highflow cats + 3" cat back is like the same as not having cats and a full 2.5 system.. am i wrong?

all opinions appreciated :D

• Sponsors (?)

Well, on a N/A car, it would normally cost you a little off idle and bottom end torque....and with normal driving, it still might. But with the Eaton on there, you won't notice it much, if at all when you're into it.

Since they're the same price, I'd say go right ahead and order the 3". :)

I'm running 3". The speed shop said 2.5" is fine for my car but if I ever turbo or s/c my car it would make my car sound like a Chevy truck with glass packs. I went with the 3", and don't regret it at all.

With a 99-01?

Did you lose a lot of TQ?

Not slamming, just curious. My buddy had a 99 and put a 3" flowmaster cat back on and lost torque and his ET went from 13.40's to 13.50's.

With a 99-01?

Did you lose a lot of TQ?

Not slamming, just curious. My buddy had a 99 and put a 3" flowmaster cat back on and lost torque and his ET went from 13.40's to 13.50's.

As far as what I noticed, I didn't loose any. But my car is set up for autocross so it doesn't see the drag strip. Last dyno was 316rwhp, 301lb/tq. So usually you get more torque than hp but I also have an aluminum flywheel which doesn't help torque either but autocross is a whole different world as far as setting up your car. And everyone knows the 99 IRS isn't ideal for drag racing. lol