20 inch wheels?

amplifier28

Apr 16, 2005
i have a set of player 20x8.5 wheels that were given to me by my cousin. the wheels were previously on a ford ranger. the wheels have a 114 bolt pattern whiich is the same bolt pattern as the 94-98 stangs. will a 20 inch wheel fit a 94-98 gt mustang convertible? any fitment issues as far as rubbing by the wheel or tire. i saw in tirerack.com that a 245/30-20 wheel will fit? any comment or suggestions greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

20 inch rims

Don't do it!!!! lol Yeah, IMO 20's have no place on any mustang. Not any. They are too big and too heavy. Why put a 45 lb rim on when you can put a 30 lb rim or less on. I assume these 20's are chrome. Very very heavy BTW. You'll be hurting on the street because it takes a lot more energy to get going and as well as coming to a stop. You'll go through brakes like crazy if you don't upgrade. If you upgrade your brakes then your obviously a speed demon and in this case your probably not going to be putting a DUB sticker on your car anytime soon. That is just my opinion. For SN-95 stangs (94/98) no bigger than 18's. Nothing looks worse than a big rim that doesn't fit unless they are 3 inches wide (being sarcastic). You don't want to look like a soap box lol!

Thats gonan look pretty lame....they probably dont have much offset so thell look dumb from behind and from the side because there 20's....You could probably throw em on if your gonna cruz to tha "hood" and get some fly honies...and theyll know your a player since it says it on the rims...You cant loose in the hood with those...otherwise dont do it man

clarks got 20's in the back....:D

But yea not the kinda car to put wheel s like that on. 95% of 20's are too big and ugly for our cars. There are a few exceptions like 69clark. But I wouldent count on any wheels named "player" looking good on our cars.

But anyways, you will have to ckeck the back spacing as it may be different for the ranger. I have no idea what kinda back spacing you will need for a 20 so you will have to look that up.

It all depends on the style of the rim....69clark looks sweet if they are 20 in the back...And ive also seen 20 on sn95 that are ugly and some that you cant even tell there 20's

Well I have waited long enough. I'll jump in now.

I am like most peeps on here in that I don't USUALLY care for 20's on our cars. However, in SOME instances I think they work. There are too many factors that play into what makes them work or not work so I'm not going to get into that but I have to say, you can't just go and say that all 20's look bad on our cars. I was sckeptical on my wheels, but I have had probably 2-3 dozen different people (car shows) say to me, that the 20's on the back of my car look great, and the car is able to pull them off, but most cars (sn-95s) cannot.

Everyone has their opinions and thats great, all I am saying is that in order to really make that call, we should see the wheels and see the car they are going on.

Here is a pic for reference (there seem to be some newer guys on here - I know the rest of you have seen these):

5-18.jpg

5-16.jpg

143_4355.jpg

Attachments

• 5-18.jpg
    5-18.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 43
  • 5-16.jpg
    5-16.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 143_4355.jpg
    143_4355.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 38
Well I have waited long enough. I'll jump in now.

I am like most peeps on here in that I don't USUALLY care for 20's on our cars. However, in SOME instances I think they work. There are too many factors that play into what makes them work or not work so I'm not going to get into that but I have to say, you can't just go and say that all 20's look bad on our cars. I was sckeptical on my wheels, but I have had probably 2-3 dozen different people (car shows) say to me, that the 20's on the back of my car look great, and the car is able to pull them off, but most cars (sn-95s) cannot.

Everyone has their opinions and thats great, all I am saying is that in order to really make that call, we should see the wheels and see the car they are going on.

ill have to agree with u there tom... but as u said, 20s on the BACK of ur car...

just my .02, but i could never see someone runnin 20s on the front.. a Staggered look like urs w/ the 19/20 set up is great... i personally like it myself.. but 20s all around, our wheel base just isnt large enuf... the 05+, yeah sure... u can run 22s in those things all day and it wont look corny... 20s all around just is a no-no for our cars...

IMG_8836.jpg

i rest my case... LOL :bang: