2005 Mustang Drifting DVD

jrsilvergt

Oct 27, 2004
My name is Justin Richards,

I am currently working with Extra Mile Marketing and Ford Motor Company on premoting the new 2005 Mustang. The point of this post is that I am looking for five or six people around the country that would be interested in a very part-time job. The skinny is that interested parties would be traveling to local track day events or car shows, etc. and distributing and or talking up the new mustang. Ford is aiming to get mustang enthusiasts involved or at least knowledgeable about drifting and the way the company is going with the car. The dvd should be finished with production in about two weeks, and I need to know who would like to be part of this by the end of this week. Also, I am more than available to help answer any questions that anyone may have about this project.
If anyone is interested you would be compensated for your time and expenses involved. Interested parties please contact me as soon as possible:
[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

can you provide us with any credentials to prove you are who you say you are and that this event is sponsored by Ford Motor Company? No offense, but this sounds like you want to put together a DVD of people thrashing their new Mustangs and then sell it on Ebay or something.

Magius231 said:
can you provide us with any credentials to prove you are who you say you are and that this event is sponsored by Ford Motor Company? No offense, but this sounds like you want to put together a DVD of people thrashing their new Mustangs and then sell it on Ebay or something.
exactly, @ hotmail.com? :rolleyes:
:bs:

Magius231 said:

and this is how we differ from the ricer boards

I read the post twice and still dont get what excatly you want people to do. :shrug: Why doesnt Ford do what the GTO is doing, entering in on all the drifting events and show its stuff. It be awesome to see the Stang go against the GTO and the other cars.

Gotta be a troll!!

Anyways the rumors are that Ken Gushi from Cali is going to be driving a 2005 GT in D1 next year. Sema will have all the answers!!! So lets just wait and see until next week!! He is a very good driver who charges HARD!! Good choice if the rumors are true!!

Toppel said:
Why doesnt Ford do what the GTO is doing, entering in on all the drifting events and show its stuff. It be awesome to see the Stang go against the GTO and the other cars.

Because with all that money, the GTO still hasn't won (to my knowledge). And it got booed the first couple times on the track. Do you think that is helping either the image, or sales for Pontiac? The GTO certainly isn't selling well. And, while the Mustang would be closer to the target market (as it is cheaper), it still isn't the core audience for Ford.

If Gushi does well in the Mustang, that will be good news for Ford. But I don't think Ford should spend much time or money drifting. Focus on the core of your image (hint: not turbo-loving, rice-boy drifters).

On a side note, with the success of the Viper, torque and V8s/V10s may start to reemphasis the old addage "there is no replacement for displacement". If the Vipers V10 becomes coveted in the import/drift scene, it could actually change the automotive scene quite a bit.