2005 stock dyno numbers 279rwhp 300TQ

• Sponsors (?)

mach1dsg said:
Good to know about the numbers, Good to know what it would do with a tunning, Good to know that you're impressed by those numbers compared to the ones you've seen on other mach 1's.
i would be waiting for the dyno graph if you don't mind of course, i hope someone can post it
Thanks

Andy is scaling it so he can post it..The 05 carried the mach in tq and hp across the whole powerband...The Mach was leaner as well.

jtsblkstang said:
i think the haters are just mad because the new base GT has more output than a mach1. i too dont like that a new GT is faster or any other car for that matter but they are. :(

there is no reason to hate the new 05 gt, but if you do, it's ok with me :)
also, 269rwhp is not the average for a 5 speed mach 1, and both cars are running rich, especially the gt. my car was on the 272rwhp bone stock, later on, i found i was putting down such low numbers because of a rich condition, like the one you see on the dyno, and cobra killer has provided to us (Thanks Man)
would see later on, i showed a dyno of a stock 03 mach 1 vs a stock 01 cobra, and you can see, the mach1 has more in that one than 269rwhp.
still, the numbers are good for the 3V engine.
also, remember a stock mach is running a 2.25 h pipe and catback vs a full 2.5 on the 05 GT. my car made 286 with an slp loudmouth catback and php spacer. the a/f ratio was almost a perfect 12. i don't know, but i'd say my car would put 295rwhp with a 2.5 mrt H pipe. of course the mrt h pipe has 2 cats only, i'm still running the stock H pipe with 4 bricks.
like i said, good numbers for a Bone Stock 05 GT :nice:

Its good to see car dynoed on the same dyno at the same place. Being able to compare the 05 to other cars dynoed at Modular Powerhouse provides a much more accurate picture of performance as the factors are more equal than dynoes from across the country.

Each dyno can be a bit different even if made by the same company (variance of a couple horsepower), and its hard to compare results from different areas as location (altitude, air temp, humidity, etc) can effect dyno results.

Its much more of a controlled situation when you have a guy that has dynoed many cobras, machs, supercharged and N/A gt's under the same conditions on the same dyno, in the same shop.

Guys like tim are the people we need to help us pick parts for our cars. He does a lot of work testing parts and finding the best combos and doesnt mind helping customers and non customers alike. I know he has helped countless people with their cars on here and has earned a great reputation.

It would be interesting to see the 05 GT dyno as compared to a 99-04 gt.

streetstang03 said:
Tim:

what do you predict for the outcome of a stock Mach 1 and stock 05 GT 1/4 race (assuming same driver)???

I saw somewhere you are interested in selling your mach 1. could you shoot me a PM w/ info about the car and your asking price if you're really going to sell it? I am in the market for one :nice:

320rwhp 343TQ all motor..Went a 7.55 in the 1/8 all motor.
My mods are,Dr.gas,underdrives,flow catback,Strange struts and shocks,Metco upper,lower control arms,Steeda comp springs,built rear end,welded torque boxes and axle tubes,4.30 gears,auburn pro,31 spline axles,K-member and tubular a arms,Spec stage 3I,billet steel fly wheel,18X9 Mach replica wheels and a crazyass tune in it.;)

It has nitrous on it.Im hitting it with a 150 shot next week with the new cobra tank and pump we are putting in it.I think I can get a 10 second passs with this setup.It had a good enough time in the 1/8 to run high 11's all motor. :D

cobra killer said:
320rwhp 343TQ all motor..Went a 7.55 in the 1/8 all motor.
My mods are,Dr.gas,underdrives,flow catback,Strange struts and shocks,Metco upper,lower control arms,Steeda comp springs,built rear end,welded torque boxes and axle tubes,4.30 gears,auburn pro,31 spline axles,K-member and tubular a arms,Spec stage 3I,billet steel fly wheel,18X9 Mach replica wheels and a crazyass tune in it.;)

It has nitrous on it.Im hitting it with a 150 shot next week with the new cobra tank and pump we are putting in it.I think I can get a 10 second passs with this setup.It had a good enough time in the 1/8 to run high 11's all motor. :D

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

what color and how many miles? :shrug: are the rumors true about you wanting to sell it??

mach1dsg said:
there is no reason to hate the new 05 gt, but if you do, it's ok with me :)
also, 269rwhp is not the average for a 5 speed mach 1, and both cars are running rich, especially the gt. my car was on the 272rwhp bone stock, later on, i found i was putting down such low numbers because of a rich condition, like the one you see on the dyno, and cobra killer has provided to us (Thanks Man)
would see later on, i showed a dyno of a stock 03 mach 1 vs a stock 01 cobra, and you can see, the mach1 has more in that one than 269rwhp.
still, the numbers are good for the 3V engine.
also, remember a stock mach is running a 2.25 h pipe and catback vs a full 2.5 on the 05 GT. my car made 286 with an slp loudmouth catback and php spacer. the a/f ratio was almost a perfect 12. i don't know, but i'd say my car would put 295rwhp with a 2.5 mrt H pipe. of course the mrt h pipe has 2 cats only, i'm still running the stock H pipe with 4 bricks.
like i said, good numbers for a Bone Stock 05 GT :nice:

I also heard that the 2005 Mustang has 2 CATS vice the 4 that the Mach 1 has.

jtsblkstang said:
i think the haters are just mad because the new base GT has more output than a mach1. i too dont like that a new GT is faster or any other car for that matter but they are. :(

I'm not hating at all. In fact, I'm quite excited about the numbers the '05 is putting down.

But at the same time, I must admit I am a bit jealous that the new GT is so much stronger than mine. Considering the fact my auto only puts down a measly 220hp, 250tq. I'm starting to feel as if modding my 02 GT any more would be a waste of $$$. :(

I can sense a trade in coming in the near future...