2006 Support Braces

Craig B

Jun 10, 2020
Wisconsin
Sorry, I'm not a car guy but I do love my 2006 Mustang. Unfortunately it looks like what I have been told are the support braces are almost completely rusted out and the car tends to kind of lurch when stopping, particularly when going through a drive thru. Seems next to impossible to find these braces and if I see them on line they are over $650 each. Thoughts on where I may be able to find these at a more reasonable cost? Do I risk further damage by driving the car as is? I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks, Craig

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, I'm not a car guy but I do love my 2006 Mustang. Unfortunately it looks like what I have been told are the support braces are almost completely rusted out and the car tends to kind of lurch when stopping, particularly when going through a drive thru. Seems next to impossible to find these braces and if I see them on line they are over $650 each. Thoughts on where I may be able to find these at a more reasonable cost? Do I risk further damage by driving the car as is? I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks, Craig

If this is a convertible, there is a guy that makes replacement braces for those years since the rust issue seems to be pretty common. Here is a link to the thread he started to promote his business. I believe he sells these for $450-500 for the set.

Last edited: