2010 stang in car and driver!

08cali

Nov 29, 2007
Hey guys,
got the new car and driver magagzine in my mail yesterday. On the cover is the 2010 mustang! I quickly flipped to the page , and unfortunately, same pic as on the cover:mad: No other angles. Kinda resembles the original concept for the current car in the front. No Fog lights, and the turn signals were integrated with the headlights. Also had the Alcoa wheels from the Supersnake on it. I have no idea if this was a GT, a v6, or the GT 500. I am guessing it was a GT . Also stated the current 4.6 liter 300 HP engine will be on the 2010 GT, the 6.2 liter 400 HP engine is a 2011 model year change.I wish I could scan a pic for you, but you'll have to hunt down the magazine for yourselves. I cant find anything online as of yet.

• Sponsors (?)

It's just a photoshop based on the camouflaged mules that are running around. I'm sure it's probably fairly accurate, but it's just a photoshop, which is why there are no other angles.

Here's the picture.

attachment.php

And this is the base image. They mixed in part of the Giugiaro concept and the 2005 "concept".

ShelbyGT500KR_7.jpg

Although not the final rendition, I like the styling changes as I've always liked pretty much everything on the S197 concept car! If I were lucky enough to afford two Stang payments for a couple of years(this one done in Sept '12), I'd love to get the '10 as well, but that will never happen as I don't buy the little pieces of paper with the lucky #s on it:rlaugh: That front end looks pretty good and I'd more than likely leave it alone, but do my grill painting yet again:nice: The hips look decent and I noticed the side scallop has changed and is molded more with the door and rocker panel. Still missing the SHR flush mounts:shrug: IMO, that should at least be a factory option:rock:

^^^Amen to that.

I wonder what transmission options we'll have. Think there's hope for a 6 speed manual in the GT? I know it's all speculation at this point, but a 400 horse V8 with a 6 speed would get me to trade. Unless, of course, gas is like $12.50 a gallon by then. :rlaugh:

As far as I'm concerned, I don't consider those as real hips, but instead are nothing more than generic hips, with stamped creases in the quarter panels.

If those photoshopped hips wind up as the final rendition. Then I'll just hold onto my current 05 GT, until the next platform change arrives sometime in mid April of 2014 !

It's just what you would expect from a refreshening, barely any different. The s197 already looks great so all you can really do is add the hips and maybe a slightly different grill.

The big deal for this car though is what it's going to have under the hood.

If it's got more cubes, count me in.

I've invested quite a bit in my car and love the way it looks and runs so it's going to take a lot more than a couple insignificant design changes to trade her in.

I heard the 2010 is going to be a RESTYLED/RESKINNED S197 Mustang. The next new design isn't coming out until around 2012-2013, IIRC.

So is it confirmed that the 2010 will get the 6.2L Boss V8? I'd wait at least 3 years so they work out all of the bugs.

Other than what the C&D article claims, there has been no confirmation about the 2010 getting a boss 6.2 V8. According to most Ford insiders, the 2011 GT will be getting the 400HP 5.0L modular engine.

That being said, it's best to take magazine articles with a grain of salt, and until Ford confirms otherwise. I'll continue to follow the info provided by our Ford insiders !

I heard the 2010 is going to be a RESTYLED/RESKINNED S197 Mustang. The next new design isn't coming out until around 2012-2013, IIRC.

So is it confirmed that the 2010 will get the 6.2L Boss V8? I'd wait at least 3 years so they work out all of the bugs.

Of course it's just a restyled reskinned s197. That's exactly what the 98-99 change over was. Same frame, same interior, just a different exterior. I'm betting that's what this is going to be.

Other than what the C&D article claims, there has been no confirmation about the 2010 getting a boss 6.2 V8. According to most Ford insiders, the 2011 GT will be getting the 400HP 5.0L modular engine.

That being said, it's best to take magazine articles with a grain of salt, and until Ford confirms otherwise. I'll continue to follow the info provided by our Ford insiders !

hell, I'd take a 350 hp 5.0:nice: