265rwhp 280rwtq -- ALL MOTOR

Got my new Superchips Custom Tuning (SCT) dyno tune today. My first dyno tune I made 233rwhp and 250rwtq. But I've had some driveability problems. I went mainly to fix the idle issues, popping through the intake, and surging. all have been fixed... well, it popped once on the way home. Jerry said he couldn't figure out what would cause it to pop like that. Either way, the car idles like a dream now!!!! no surging either. it's a whole new car! the car is also very powerfull! it'll pull hard at any point in the tach.

With the tune we kept the a/f ratio pretty much the same (I believe there were some changes because now I stay around 12.5 then entire ride), but he added timing and did some other stuff. anyway, I'm officially happy with the HP/TQ my car produces. And with that HP I believe I'm #1 for NA hp. the previous was 259rwhp and 260rwtq.

still some issues with the vac that the car is pulling. you can see I'm still pulling 1.6mm/hg at the upper rpm range. Jerry told me at the last tune that a TB might help. So I did a TB and Mik (from RPM mustangs http://www.rpm-mustangs.com/) sent me a custom upper with the posts removed and a hogged out inlet. figured that would fix my vac problem. nope. still there. Jerry said it might be the MAF, but he wasn't sure. He said it seemed odd that it's still sucking that hard. And since he's reading the vac from the crossover area, it's gotta be someplace from the crossover vac line to the air filter. The upper is good, Mik hogged the **** out of the inlet. He suggested a bigger MAF and a custom MAF forward tube. He speculated it would only be worth another 5hp or so. IMO not worth the time or the money. but another 5rwhp would put me up at 270rwhp... which is just a cool milestone. maybe if I found a cheap way I would do it. he also suggested using a windstar upper and a Kenne Bell IAC. said with alittle work it would fit and I'd make more HP and TQ. For now I'm just gonna drive it. might try the windstar upper at a later time. who knows.

here's the graph:
040516%20JBA%20dynotune%20graph.jpg

here's the data:
040516%20JBA%20dynotune%20data.jpg

here's a movie of the car on the dyno:
http://www.3.8mustang.com/~justang/Dyno/DynoTune2/MOV00473.MPG

Here are some other charts I've made to show my progress:

Here's my first dyno tune compared with my second dyno tune:
dynotune%20comparisons.bmp

here's my car with just bolt ons, compared to my car as it is now:
stock%20vs%20modded2.bmp

and here's a comparison of a 99 GT with a 5speed, cai, magnaflow exhaust (including cats and x pipe), and a superchip.
265280%20vs%20GT.bmp

What's also cool, is my car is way undercammed. The cam in it is actually for a supercharger. My goal for the car was to make a really bitchen street car with lots of torque and a really nice idle. I've accomplished that. But there are now plans for a 220/220 cam with insane lift and new RPM heads that will bump me up well over 300rwhp.

The other cool thing about this car, is it's a budget mod car. I bought the car for 17k out the door *new*. and I've looked for good deals and/or used parts, and I've only invested 4k into "go fast" parts for this car. And I've done all the labor myself, which cuts down on cost. so for roughly 21k invested (car + go fast mods) my car is GT fast, if not faster. AND I get 28mpg on the road and 20 in town.

I know I don't post here much, and some of you might be skeptical of a newer guy posting high HP numbers. But if you need reassurance, I'm a moderator at 3.8mustang (Justang) and I frequently post at v6power (Justang2k). all my numbers are legit.

oh and the 14.4 in my sig was with my old tune... which had problems. hoping for mid 13's now. ;)

not too bad for a V6. :nice:

for all my mods, click on the link in my sig.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think I'm gonna try boost on this bottom end. it's still stock. I figure I could push more than 350rwhp... maybe close toe 400rwhp depending on boost. but I doubt the crappy stock rods or pistons could hold up. I'm probably gonna go with a bigger cam, and RPM's next gen Big Valve heads and see if I can hit 300rwhp all motor.

the blocks are the same so it drops right in. I used my motor mounts, had to put take the 4.2L knock sensor out of the block, and put the 3.8 oil sensor tube in. the 4.2's and 01+ stangs are also internally balance the 99-mid00 v6's are externally balanced. so since I have an 00, I had to get a new flywheel and got the 01+ UDP. other than that, it's all Mustang parts. :D