3.73 gear install

Hey does anyone know who can install some 3.73 gears in my 1994 stang located in Arizona????????? I heard of AMP but I have seen alot of negative reviews on them so I;m kind of concerned about that. Also has anyone done this job themselves, if so how bad was it compared to a H/C/I and tranny swap(All of which I have done by myself). Also would it be easier to just find a whole rear end with the 3.73's already in it. Thanks everyone

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure on the preferred shop, but hopefully someone in or around Arizona would know. As for installing them yourself, from what I've heard it's not too hard of a job, just intricate. I heard there's little things you need to make sure are correct, or you'll get whine from the new gears.

Lots of threads on here on gear swaps. Did mine not too long ago. FRPP gears have a real good rep of being easy to use. I would tell you that it's not easy, but it can be done at home. Lots of guys had no problem; I had a real hard time getting the ring gear set right. Spent a lot of hours under the car with a dial indicator. Very tedious. But, the mod is definitely worth it. You just need to figure out how much your time is worth!

I just pulled the whole rearend set it on two jack stands and went to town. I believe i found all the info i needed on the net. I did have to buy a cheap dial indicator and a magnetic stand (much cheaper than paying someone to do it). take your time its not bad. :D

Thanks for the responses. I am going to do it myself. This is not my daily driver so time is on my side. It's going to take a while anyway because it's 115 degrees here in AZ right now so I can't stay in the garage too long. The car is pretty fast right now even with those horrible stock gears. I just know with 3.73's the SOTP feeling is going to be awesome. My next question is going to be Nitrous vs. Supercharger. I want to spray it b/c it's so hot here. Thinking about a 125 shot!!!!!!!!!!