3.73 vs. 3.55

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah.....I'm putting down freakin 300 to the tire and I have 2:73's...it SUCKS

from a 15-25 roll in first if you pin it, the tires just go up in smoke, and it'll get a little bit of 2nd (maybe like 5 ft) and BARELY bark 3rd. Thats with 285s and alot of suspension.

My 3:73s outta wake it up just a bit ;) It sucks shifting OUT of your powerband with 2:73s :mad:

"Need to know your goals for down the road." :rlaugh: :lol: :bang:

Why am I laughing? At me mainly.

FIRST, I did not want to rev too high on the bway but HATED 2.73's and 1st gear so annoying under 30mph constantly pushing in the clutch or bucking and no power. Sooo without much experience, I changed to --> 3.55's.

I liked them but after learning from grady about how H/C/I 302's move UP the power band and run FASTER with higher number gears and good traction AND wanting to have a car that I can say runs 12's...I went 3.90's! They were AWESOME! I would have had to beef up the suspension more to take advantage of 1st gear though and then it would have really flown but I didn't and changed my goals...again, lol.

I wanted to rev LOWER on the b-way and I still wanted more low end without running out of gear too fast...sooo--> I CHANGED MY GOALS AGAIN :eek: and went to a 408 then 414c.i. and figuring I would really burn off my tires in 1st and rev too high unnecessarily on b-way. I also wanted a gear that would put the power to the pavement without spinning as much for streeting (different goals than a Qmiler) With that in mind, I went 3.27's! :rlaugh:

Now as I am breaking in my engine, I like the fact that the 3.27's rev lower and quiet on the b-way but I liked the 3.90's better on the low end simply because I didn't have to push the clutch in so much at lower speeds.... So ..if I had a perfect gear right now it would be .. _______________. Iam not sure..:eek: :Zip2: :owned:

I bought my 95 gt 5spd about 1 year ago with quite a few mods that I didn't know about 4:10 gears was one of them I hate them for daily driving! always shifting, 3000 rpm @ 75 mph. Looking to bring mine down to 3:55 or 3:73's also speedo gear for 4:10 is white 23 tooth from automatic trans and wears out after about 20,000 miles I don't recomend it for daily driving but thats just me

I'm curious about which set to get as well. I've got a 94, and someone before mentions it feels like pulling a ski-doo. These things really come stock with 2.73's? All I know is it's so damned tall. :bang:

Any recommedations on which brand? I've been eyeing the Ford Racing set.

I'm curious about which set to get as well. I've got a 94, and someone before mentions it feels like pulling a ski-doo. These things really come stock with 2.73's? All I know is it's so damned tall. :bang:

Mine came stock w 3:27's but then it's an auto. First changed to 4:10's then managed to chip the pinion gear. :mad: Had an internal differential alignment problem and swapped in a FRPP complete differential assembly with 3:73 gears.:D

Ford racing is one of the best to get. I recommend going with 3.73's I just went from 2.73's to 3.73's and I love it. I went from running a 15.1 to a 14.7. I ran 15.1 and ran 4 passes got better each pass. I only made 1 pass for the 14.7 and I spun it all through first.