3" Magnaflow magnapack cat-back finally installed!

Jas5

Nov 7, 2011
So I recently purchased the car with pretty much open pipes, there were glasspacks under the seat and it dumped onto the ground before the rear axle. Stinky, loud, obnoxious but amazing at WOT

I did many hours of research and listened to every kind of exhaust on my computer speakers with a subwoofer. I did not end up ordering an X pipe because not only does it run a few bills, but the H pipe has a deeper muscle sound to it, where I believe an X pipe is higher pitched with a few more hp gain.
Now the exhaust is: stock manifolds -> catless 2.5" H-pipe -> 3" magnapack catback (#16674)

There is absolutely no drone, only when in low RPMs (1000-1500) which I believe is normal for an aftermarket cat-back. I think having stock mani's helps keep the cabin sound/drone way down.

It's strange hearing this clip because I only hear about 30% of my exhaust inside of the cabin and don't hear any popping or crackling sound at all. Very mellow at idle and loud when you get on it. Exactly how an exhaust should be.

The sound is quite deep and very smooth. This cat back has none of the raspiness and high-pitched sounds I heard with the american thunder flowmaster with X pipe catbacks, which I almost got. It has a similar tone to the Bassani race mufflers, but I couldn't find them in 3", in fact very few cat-backs come in 3" for this car. I LOVE THIS EXHAUST!!!

img1300f.jpg

warm start, revving to 3500:
2007 Mustang GT 3" magnaflow magnapack - YouTube

in car:
2007 Mustang GT 3" Magnaflow Magnapack (in car) - YouTube

Attachments

• img1300f.jpg
    img1300f.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 122
  • Sponsors (?)