347 dyno #'s

91Silver_LX

Dec 8, 2009
Georgia
Well I am putting a 347 together and will be using a victor 5.0 intake with a 1" spacer, AFR 185 heads that are 58CC, 1.6 RR, TFS stage 2 cam, 30LB injectors, Race accufab TB which is 90MM opening at air intake and 75MM at the TB, 4" anderson power pipe, and a Lightning 90MM mass air. I also have a SCT chip for tune. The cam will be degreed in around 109-110 degrees. My compression is right around 10.86:1. Any ideas on what kind of power to expect from this thing on the dyno and the track. As far as the track goes the car is built for the track suspension wise and I do run slicks 26 X 8.5 Hoosiers. I run a TKO 500 trans and a 4.10 gear. Any ideas would be appreciated if anyone else is running similar combos.

• Sponsors (?)

I think 450 or so is about right on the money. Should put down close to 400 at the wheels give or take. You'd really benefit well from a custom cam for a build like this...although the stage 2 is a good cam.

I think 450 or so is about right on the money. Should put down close to 400 at the wheels give or take. You'd really benefit well from a custom cam for a build like this...although the stage 2 is a good cam.

Well check this out. My machine shop talked to their cam guy they use on custom cams and gave them all the specs of my car and he said roll the stage 2 that I already have. I'm not going to pick up that much more with a custom cam since I plan to only turn this thing to 6500 RPM's. It's still a stock block.

Well it depends on what you want the car to behave like. Maybe you want more torque than peak power or visa versa...that's where a custom cam comes into play. With an off the shelf cam you're kind of building your car around the cam....as in choosing gearing to match the RPM range of the cam etc. This isn't a bad thing persay, just a point. It's all about a well matched combo and like you said with a stock block you're already getting around the danger zone with power production.

Get yourself a custom cam. The tfs #2 cam is all wrong for that combo. You will make 350 or so at best with a weak powerband. A custom cam would easily make 425 to the wheels if the rest of the supporting stuff is there.