351 W difficulty restarting

Does anyone know what may be the cause of this. I have swapped a 351W into my 1990 GT. I run the car on the street and it warms to operating temp, or even perhaps a little hotter (180-200 degrees). If I turn it off, (say at the gas station or something) and then I try to start it again within a minute or two, it will barley turn over, or the starter won't turn at all. The starter is new just like the engine, it is one of the mini starters from Ford Motorsport. It is not the battery. If the motor is cold it will crank right up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What do you have the timing set at? If the timing is too advanced it will do that. I have my locked out at 38*. I need a start retard box for it to start.

Like said above too your starter may be getting hot also. Those are the only two things that would cause that.

My timing is 38 degrees on my 351w and i don't have an issue with it firing. Anthony what dizzy do you have? You know you can get bushings for msd dizzy's that allow you to put more timing in with the mechanical advance. thus you can set your intial timing down a bit and make it easier to start.