351 with stock EFi system??

Bigstang1

Founding Member
Aug 28, 2002
Massachusettes
Can one build a 351w (maybe even a stroked 351) and use the 5.0s EFI system with bigger injectors of corse? will a chip need to be burned or will it adapt? im not sure if it has been done but if it has im sorry i didnt know. I figured if i was going to build a 347 i might as well just get a 351 block and built a stroker out of that instead it wouldnt cost that much more (that sif the efi stuff will work) What things between the 351 and the 302 are interchangable? Are there roller cam 351's? Would it be cheaper just to go carb? Last one, would my T5 bolt up to a 351 block?
ill make this easier...
1. Will the EFI work with a 351?
2. Chip?
3. what things are similar between 351 and 302
4. Are there such things as a rollor 351?
5. cheaper to go carb rather than adapt?
6. will the t5 bolt up to a 351?

sorry for the long post and thanks

• Sponsors (?)

A friend of mine has a 351 in his 89 lx. I dont know a lot of the details on what he had to change to make it work but i do know that he is still running his stock T5. Im pretty sure that the lower intake from a 302 will not bolt on to a 351. I believe the 351 is a bit wider. My buddys car has a trick flow intake and he had to put in a tubular k member and convertible mounts to make it fit under the stock hood. I believe there are roller 351s that came in the F150s. I dont have all the answeres but i hope this helps.