351C swap Q's

sn95Cleveland

Jun 12, 2011
Been searching around and havent really found any solid help... Just a bunch of people who don't seem to know what they're talking about throwing BS out there...

I just picked up a 94 V6(auto) and I'm putting my 1970 351C 4v and a 5 sp tranny into it...

From what I've found I'll need the 94-95 GT crossmember and mounts(its a directs swap as far as mounts go?)
custom oil pan and headers?
cowl hood

I found a thread with a guy who did it already but he hasnt been on in over a month so asking him probably wouldnt help much...

I'll be doing this swap no matter what, because I've already traded the 69 body(completely gutted) for the 95. ALL the mechanic work will be done for free(part of the deal). I'll try to get progress pics as well.

• Sponsors (?)

You will need a different balancer, dizzy [or at least the gear] and since you're moving from a V6 you will need to upgrade your 7.5 rear to the 8.8 that the v8's use, but if you're upgrading the rear, might as well go with a 9". Also, do not stick with the v6 AODE if that's what your plans were.

If you have a hardtop, using the v8 convertible motor mounts will lower your engine a little bit and may give you more clearance. For the same price, it's worth it.

Other than that, you probably have a lot more to look into. I'm in the process of switching to a 351W myself, and those are just a few things that come to mind.

Other than that, good luck. :nice:

gonna stay carbed? if so, then you should probably yank the fuel pump out of the tank

I just unhooked mine, and it seems to work great. May give me a problem on down the road, but as of right now it flows good, and no signs of it starving for fuel :D

I have done the swap, and its not that bad....I will try to get on in a few days and post all I needed and some tips on the install. Here is a link to the original post when I first got it installed in the car. BEWARE the car looks pretty rough, and the air intake system looks ghetto, but this was just to get it off the ground until I can "pretty it up."
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/824449-351c-sn95.html#post8299734