351W rebuild

nitequill

Sep 2, 2005
Los Angeles
whats up guys new guy here. im rebuilding a 351W to do a swap into my 65 mustang. i never rebuilt a engine before but im giving it a shot with the help of my chilton's manuel and the helpful hints i get off stangnet. could some one please send me a step by step guide to rebuilding a 351W.

P.S. what is the TDC? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

nitequill said:
i never rebuilt a engine before but im giving it a shot with the help of my chilton's manuel and the helpful hints i get off stangnet. could some one please send me a step by step guide to rebuilding a 351W.

Why do you need us to give you a step-by-step if you already have a manual? A better book would be one specifically for rebuilding smallblock Fords. Tips and tricks not commonly mentioned can be found here on Stangnet. Rebuilding an engine the right way is a fair bit of work, but not really hard if you get serious and take your time.

Chilton manual sucks. Go online (ebay is where i found mine) and search for Tom Monroes "How to rebuild Ford Small block engines" My windsor was my first rebuild and followed his manual to a T. Great book!