38 dollar cap and rotor?

• Sponsors (?)

i got brass terminal cap and rotor for under 15 from the parts store. a cap and rotor is a cap and rotor, IMHO.

Ya.this was ata local parts store. He rang it up and said 38 bucks. I asked what was so secial about it and the guy pulled it out of the box and said this is why. Brass terminals so what, I have one with brass terminals already. Anyway he said it was less likely to crossfire. I have never had that problem but I did ask if it was resistant to the melting pits like other caps develop over time. Anyway I said no thanks and off I went. I would have understood the mark up had it been a MSD cap or something but I have never heard of it. Sucker born every minute I guess. The only thing about it remotely cool was the dark blue color like my car.

brass does seem to hold up better (pitting wise), and as i recall, it conducts better than aluminum (why it is used in house wiring and aluminum is frowned upon).

I really doubt the brass is worth it. I have the FRPP kit which includes the cap and rotor and the peice of plastic that goes from the cap to the distrubuter. It is pretty thick heavy plastic, which is good. Weather it is brass or aluminum, that will have nothing to do with crossfire or arcing, it is the insulation that prevents that. I replace mine once a year.

Beware of alot of these "performance parts" it's all marketing.