3M Stripe Question

I installed the 12" 20 piece Lemans 3M stripe kit from Graphic Express (great kit, BTW). The stripes look great and the whole thing turned out really nice. I will post pics when I get my window louvers on (next Saturday). Anyways, my question is this: I ALREADY have a rock ding in my hood stripe!!! :fuss: It is very tiny, but to my eye it is absolutely HUGE! HUMONGOUS! Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? :shrug: I know some of you have this same kit and I was wondering if you could give me the benefit of your wisdom and/or experience in this matter! Thank you!!

• Sponsors (?)

yep same prob i had. reluctantly i used a sharpie and just dabbed lightly to cover the yellow. i am probubly going to paint on the stripes in the future anyway

Thanks, Gents!

I called the company (Graphics Express) and they said that sometimes people use paint (which they do not recommend). They also said that you could buy pin striping from an auto store and use that to cover the hole/ding/ dent. I was surprised that they do not sell a "patch kit,' so to speak. The hole on mine really is a speck and I can only see it because I know where it is. I wanted to know if there were any viable alternatives, etc, as I have found that the StangNet forum members really are an innovative, resourceful bunch! I think I will go with your suggestion, Afixer, which is the same one my girlfriend suggested (she gloated by the way when I told her it was what you wrote). I was thinking of getting them painted on, as well, but read in another post that the cost is $1,000+!!!! Probably worth it in the long run, however, as I do not want to have to strip off the stripe and replace it if it gets too badly damaged. Once again, thank you, gentlemen!

No, I paid Steve Kim at Vertex to install it. He really took his time and did a great job!!! He spent about 5 hours on it and kept his shop open way past closing time, so I am happy. He is also painting and installing my louvers this Saturday!!! SO, I should be all ready for the NVMC show in November. I doubt I am going to "show" my car, but I want to take it and show it off a little.