4.10's in an Auto Video?

What do you expect to see with a video? I have 4.10's and a supercharger making 660 rwhp. I drive the car from Atlanta to Houston, Dallas, Cordova, Bristol, Richmond, Orlando, Gainesville, etc. for the FFW events. I have driven over 800 miles in a day with absolutely no problems. The car runs low 10's and traps at 135 in 3rd gear. I cruise around 73 mph at 2800 rpm on the Interstate. Anything less than 4.10's is a waste of time and money.

• Sponsors (?)

joshheat25 said:
Do you have a tranny cooler and what is your opinion on running the engine at 2,600 rpms Stock engine I mean how do you know what rpm it is hurting the engine???
Yes, absolutely get a tranny cooler. I have made several trips of 15 hours at 2800 rpm only stopping for gas. You're not going to hurt anything as long as you change your oil every 3000 miles and don't over rev the engine.

joshheat25 said:
So I could hold the rpms at 3500 for hours and not hurt it with a tranny cooler. And I am Mechanically Inclined Could I install my own tranny cooler.
That's what I'd like to see. How hot does the transmission fluid get when you hold it at 3000+ RPM for an extended period. I know the temp shoots up without a cooler.

I thought you had a trans fluid temp gauge, josh.

joshheat25 said:
So I could hold the rpms at 3500 for hours and not hurt it with a tranny cooler. And I am Mechanically Inclined Could I install my own tranny cooler.
I don't know about that, but where would you drive over 90 mph for hours at a time. You could probably install the tranny cooler yourself.

I cruise at 3000 rpms (80mph) all the time no issues, no tranny cooler. Correct me if I'm wrong but the tranny fluid gets hot primary when the stall is slipping and when shifting. When its locked up in OD I dont see why running a slightly higher rpm will make any difference? (I dont claim to have much knowledge about trannys tho!! :D )

007 said:
I cruise at 3000 rpms (80mph) all the time no issues, no tranny cooler. Correct me if I'm wrong but the tranny fluid gets hot primary when the stall is slipping and when shifting. When its locked up in OD I dont see why running a slightly higher rpm will make any difference? (I dont claim to have much knowledge about trannys tho!! :D )
Do you have a way to display your transmission fluid temperature? If the temp goes up to 250-300, you would't know and would not report any issues. It's true that slipping causes heat. Spinning at 3000+ RPM seems to heat it up too. But that's based on one test I did. I want to see if other get the same results.

Propellerhead,
Driving 70 mph in 3rd @ 3000 rpms the TFT temp stabilizes at 175-177 with 83 deg weather. Just cruising 20-40 mph the temp stabilizes at 173.

You just need a big trans cooler!!!

joshheat25 said:
So It is a Very Good Idea to Get a Trans Cooler with 4.10's! And Running your engine at 2,600 to 3,000 rpms for an extended period of time will not put wear and tear on your engine!

A trans cooler is a good idea for any 4r70w.

is that a hint not to get them! and also no one has answered my question about wearing the engine. ... I know a supercharger or any forced induction will wear the life of an engine down but what about running too high of rpms on the highway???