4 BBL Intake?

I came across a 4 BBL intake (still had a holley carb on it) the other day in the local wrecking yard with the following 1,5,4,2,6,3,7,8 firing order on it. What I was wondering was, if it is a 351 intake would it still fit a 302? Any help would be great!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

So now the question is how to tell the two apart... From what I can find the differences are.... 1. Width = 302 is 9.5" - 351 is 10.5" or 11".... 2. 302 has 12 bolt holes - older 351 have 16 bolt holes.... Is this information correct? Also, is there any other ways to tell them apart? Thanks for the help!!!!!

If you could measure the 351 that would be great... I measured my 302 intake already... I figure if it's a 302 4 BBl intake I can pick it up for about $10 or so, then throw on a good carb (the one that's on it is shot) and put in a good cam while I'm at it.... Any suggestions for a cam that would work with it? (Keep in mind that I scrounge the a local wrecking yard) So a cam from a car or truck is what I am most likley to find - 5.0's are rare in this yard!) My motor is a stock 82 with only a rebuild and a HV oil pump (NO SMOG CONTROL) and duel 2.25" dumped exhaust with Cherry Bomb Turbo Mufflers no cats...

I wouldn't recommend putting a used cam in you engine. Since your cam isn't a roller, a new one would be pretty affordable. Besides, if you're looking for a more aggressive cam, you are very unlikely to find one out in the junk yard.

Does your car have a manual transmission? Different gear ratio? All of these things matter when you pick a new cam. If you want some help chosing something that's right for your application, I would check out the camshaft request form at Comp Cams.

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/CamSelection/

Well I'll look at other cams then, it's not like I need to change it right away.... The car has an AOD in it now, the last owner swapped out the manual (the car was a 4 banger) but it still has the pedals for the manual. If I come by one at the wrecking yard I'll probably grab it.... Also it still has the 7.5" rear end... Looking for a locker or an 8.8" both are hard to come by here....But I will keep looking.....