4cyl to V8 swap thread AGAIN.....but with a twist!

Tomorrow I am going to look at 2 notches being given away for free. I was thinking of building a super low budget fun car out of one. Its a 4cyl car...but I dont really need much. Its gonna be very much stripped down...with the end product having only the following(not much else):

Carbed stock 302 or carbed explorer motor
T5
carpet
two front seats
little to no wiring (no power windows, no dash harness, and I think for gauges just making my own setup with a few basic autometers and no stock gauges)
8.8 rear end
power steering MAYBE
radio

....pretty much a hot rod in a notchback shell.

The brakes dont need to be all that special, but I read in some threads I researched that i need to swap brake boosters? Is this a neccesity or will I not need this in a lightweight car like this? Does the 4cyl radiator and everything work fine? Basically what do I need to turn a stock 4cyl, to a bare bones v8 car?

• Sponsors (?)

where is the twist?
now if you said you were going to stuff a 302 onto a honda rebel bike frame, then like hell yea. that would be an awesome twist, but gutting a four banger for a carbed motor is bread and butter

Added pics

I'm right along with you on this, my 96 notch is going the same direction.
The twist is everyone gets all fired up when you talk about it. Its pretty funny when you get away from the "norm" in the Stang world.
I too am stripping out the interior and running no dash at all, nothing but two front seats. Normal Stangers will go nuts saying why do it, your only saving a few pounds etc etc.
When I asked about running a stereo with no interior, Stangers went crazy asking why why why.
When I asked about cutting the cowl to use the high pressure area for the intake, Stangers near and far cringed at the thought of cutting into the sheet metal. I think its hilarious.
When you try to mix traditional hot rodding with Mustangs you get the twist!
Take a look at the majority of the Stangs here,,, they all begin to look the same. How many $$ paint jobs and cobra/bullet rims can you take. I'm sick of the "normal" looking Stang myself.
I say go for it, good luck,,, Viva La Résistance!!
I think this is one of the coolest looking Stangs out there:
http://www.wolfpackcc.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=56
1030480176_c676420135_o.jpg

IMG_5349.jpg

Attachments

• 1030480176_c676420135_o.jpg
    1030480176_c676420135_o.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 53
www.stangbangerz.com has a nice little write up on this conversion.

We've got a lot of nice stuff :D

Also if you really wanna do something different, build up a nasty 289 HiPo to run 9k RPM and put THAT in a stripped down bare bones coupe....back it with an IRS so it corners like it's on rails, put a Viper Spec T56 behind it, and if that's not enough put a SMALL turbo on it to push maybe 6-8lbs of boost...small so it spools up quick as hell to make up for the softer bottom end you'll have with the 289. Give it a 5 lug swap with 17x9s all around, tubular K/A arms in the front....now THAT would be a twist.

We've got a lot of nice stuff :D

Also if you really wanna do something different, build up a nasty 289 HiPo to run 9k RPM and put THAT in a stripped down bare bones coupe....back it with an IRS so it corners like it's on rails, put a Viper Spec T56 behind it, and if that's not enough put a SMALL turbo on it to push maybe 6-8lbs of boost...small so it spools up quick as hell to make up for the softer bottom end you'll have with the 289. Give it a 5 lug swap with 17x9s all around, tubular K/A arms in the front....now THAT would be a twist.

I think he mentioned something about it being low budget but that does sound nice!