5.0 front brake upgrade kits?

They are all the same 73mm unit.

Go to autozone and buy them for an '88 crown vic police. Those are the 73mm calipers with the steel pistons. Other cars had the same calipers, but i am sure those are the steel piston ones. Others sometimes come when phenolic pistons

• Sponsors (?)

I work at a ford warehouse so I was just going to get them from motorcraft. I guess I will get the ones for the 88 crown vic police. What other changes will I have to make once I get them? Should I get braided steel brake lines or I heard you have to adjust the proportion valve because of the larger brakes?

Now does this 88 crown vic 73mm setup use a larger rotor? I am upgrading to 18" wheels and they will require a larger diameter rotor
. I do not want to convert to 5-lug since I am in love with the rims. I do not need rear disc- I would like to find a 13" front rotor setup however. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Get the one's with the stainless steel piston. Watch for that, not just what it came off of because sometimes I belive they mark up the price even thought it's the same car just because of the kind of car. A car like a SVO, being "specail" they will knock up the price while old Crown Vic police cars they would not. I know they do this for Vette's to F-bodies. Even if the part is exactly the same the costs are higher and even though it's easier to work on a vette, labor still calls for more. BS isnt' it.

Funanin said:
probably not dude... someone would have said something. I am gonna try this in a week or two. I work at a ford warehouse so I can get these calipers real cheap from motorcraft if anyone else is interested PM me and I'll get you a price.

Did this work? I want to do something with my brakes, they suck.

I have been thinkin of this swap too for my 85gt. I have the 87 GT spindles already. But im also confussed about the different 73mm calipers. Do they all (meaning 88 Vic Police, 91 lincoln, 86SVO, etc) mount to these 87 spindles the same? Use the same banjo bolts? SS brake lines? I have plans for 11in power slot rotors, EBC pads, ss lines, steel piston 73mm calipers.
Thanks
Joe E.