1966 coupe with 2005-2009 wheels

Stugots50

Feb 6, 2022
Would I have a problem with these wheels on a 66 coup wheel drum brakes?
The lug pattern is 5 on 4.5 inches (114.3mm) which fits many 5 lug Ford, Lincoln, and mercury cars.
Any help woulb be much appreciated. Thanks
1689529962464.png

• Sponsors (?)

They should bolt up, but the back space is much bigger than the typical rims for a '66. It will move the tire more inboard on your set up. My suggestion would be to test fit one on the front and rear and see where the rim lips will sit and then decide if they are for you.

I ran those wheels for awhile on my coupe(to roll around before I replaced them). They require 1.5" spacers all around. I loved the way they look...but because of the front brake kit I wanted I was forced to go to 17s instead(in reality you have a lot more options for all kinds of things with 17" wheels)

Reactions: 1 users
Would I have a problem with these wheels on a 66 coup wheel drum brakes?
The lug pattern is 5 on 4.5 inches (114.3mm) which fits many 5 lug Ford, Lincoln, and mercury cars.
Any help woulb be much appreciated. Thanks
1689529962464.png
These should secure in place, but the rear spacing appears noticeably larger than the standard rims for a '66. This could potentially shift the tire further inward in your setup. I recommend test-fitting one on both the front and rear to determine where the rim lips will be positioned before deciding if they are suitable for your needs.