5oh Forum Updates and Terms of Service. Please Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Forum Updates. Please Read!

Everyone who's spent any length of time within this forum knows that things are pretty loose here. You may post your pictures, your videos, talk about just about anything you want to talk about, and engage in all sorts of silliness that you would not be permitted to do in other Talk forums on this board.

I'm cool with that. I enjoy a good ribbing as much as the next guy and like to participate in silliness right along side you.

You all also know that I have for the most part, only 2 basic rules:

1. Do not violate the terms of service of this board
2. Civility is a MUST!

This Talk forum will NOT become a No-Man's Land or Free For All. Within this Talk forum, you will be civil. If a post is made that you don't appreciate then your first course of action is to PM the offending party and resolve it again... civilly.

There's is no reason whatsoever to bring out your latest repartee of insults and name calling. If someone posts a picture or says something that you feel is an insult then a quiet PM explaining your position to another member will usually take care of it.

Personal attacks are NOT permitted anywhere on this board. That includes this forum. If you are unable to comply with that simple term of service then I will have no option but to lock or remove your account from the board.

Just about everyone here has my email address or a chat screen name or at the very least, is able to send me a PM. If you've attempted to address your concern with another member and are met with hostility then contact me. I will determine if that member is in violation of the TOS and take appropriate action.

Once again... We will be civil within this forum or I will have no option but to begin to treat this forum like so many others are. That means... All non-Mustang related material will be immediately moved to other forums or deleted.

I understand all too well that folks like to chat about a lot of things that do not relate specifically to Mustangs within the part of the forum where their friends are. I like that too which is why I run the 5oh forums a little differently than most but... I also have a job to do here. If I am placed in a position where I have to choose enforcing the rules or keeping a Stangnet buddy then I will choose to do the job that I said I would do when I accepted the job as moderator.

Joke around, have fun, talk about what you like... but we MUST do it correctly or things within my portion of these forums will change.

Thanks,
Daggs

...but why??? Please Read

Recently, I recieved a PM from one of our members about a thread getting locked. The content of the thread may help some of our members understand why we do what we do.

Please read.

I did a quick search, dint find anything that really adressed the 3 displacements in one thread, with the same power output goal. Maybe I need to learn to search better, but I would have appreciated the thread having been moved to tech, more than it being locked. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm just not very well liked on this board.

It doesn't have anything to do with who's liked or disliked when it comes to the disposition of a thread. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass but here's some Basic Forums 101. Conduct your search... If I remember right, your thread was about strokers. Use the search results to answer your question. If it doesn't completely answer your questions then find the one that fits best and post your question to that thread.

I know for a FACT that stroker threads pop up around just about every other day. Adding to an old post on the same topic is ALWAYS better than creating a new one.

This method serves two purposes! One... it cuts down on the sheer number of worthless or little information threads out there that are JUST like the ones that you say, "Don't answer my question."
It creates a much LARGER thread that contains a LOT of information and contains it one place. That way... the NEXT guy that goes out to search for strokers might find a thread that IS useful and answers his question!

All too often, users look at only their tiny little bit of the equation whereas, I am tasked with making the forums for usable for all.

From that aspect... which do you think would be best...

... a lot of little threads that cover tidbits of information here and there

--or--

One larger, more all inclusive thread that contains a generous amount of information on a given topic?

--Daggs

Funny but also helpful:

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

Status
Not open for further replies.