60$ Ebay short throw shifter review!

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well i was skeptical when i bought this shifter off ebay but i gotta say i was very suprised today when i put it on. Great product, shifts are much more precise and it has a very solid feel.I would recommend one to anyone especially for the price, they are the exact same ones that american muscle has...Installation was easy, took me about an hour or so, I may get chastised for saying this but for the money, I would almost take this one over my 200$ MGW on my 99

I'm not trying to promote anyones products on ebay just giving a hopefully helpful report on the quality of the shifter.
SS-S6070-FM_1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty sure that's the exact one that Frankenstang has in her Capri. I like it. It feels exactly the same as the Pro 5.0 shifter in my '89 notch, especially after she got the same Steeda Tri-Ax handle that I've got and I bolted it on there. The shifter handle that comes with that is kinda weird in that it's not offset or angled toward the driver much (if at all), so when you're in 1st gear, it looks and feels like you're in 3rd, and 5th becomes a little bit of a reach. But otherwise, it's a damned good shifter. :nice:

One thing that should be noted, if you plan on using any other shifter handle (such as a Steeda Tri-Ax), be aware that you will have to drill an additional hole in your shifter handle to make it work on this shifter. Those three holes on the shifter that allow you to mount their handle at two different heights also are much closer together than on a stock shifter. Not a big deal, really, as I just laid the handle that came with the shifter over the Tri-Ax, poked a bolt through there to align them, and drilled another 3/8" hole (I think that was the size, anyway). And you do still have to use the allen-headed bolts that come with the shifter when installing another handle, because the bolts are so close together that if you use standard hex-headed bolts, you'll never get a socket or box-end wrench on there. Again, no biggie, just something to consider, as it may or may not affect your choice of other shifter handles later on.