64 Mustang...project car(Whats it worth?)

buznjeni

May 17, 2005
california
I purchased a project car off of a neighboor about 4 years ago and I am planning to move out of state and can't keep the car. I want to get rid of it as soon as possible but I dont want to let it go for too little money. I really dont know much about it. The car hasnt been registered in about 15 yrs but the old registration was included. It says the car is a 1964. The title for it was burned in a fire. It needs ground up restoration. The body is in good condition, with just a few ripples in it. (most people wouldnt notice the ripples but I have done a ton of body work and I notice it right away) The engine and tranny are there but Im not sure what the condition is. It is NOT running. And I doubt that everything is original. So basically I have a non running car that needs ground up restoring. Any idea what I might ask for it?

• Sponsors (?)

Need more information, what engine and trans are in it, what kind of shape is the interior? Any pics? Can you sell it without a title? I know you can't in Texas, or rather you can't register it.

Does it have a data plate on the driver's door? If so, post that and I can tell you what it was originally. Maybe give you an idea of price.

BTW, there is no such thing as a 1964 Mustang. They were released in April 1964 as a 1965 Mustang. The Mustang hobby has attached the name 1964 1/2 to the early build Mustangs, but the title would say 1965. There are ways to tell them apart. The data plate (if original) helps, the engine size, other things as well.