67 Motor mounts convertible and coupe

Jester67

Sep 21, 2004
TN
Someone told me yesterday that in 67 the convertible and the coupe / fastback had different motor mounts and that sometimes ford would put ones for a convertible on a coupe. He said they had different heights, he said they where shorter. I was wonder if this is true would this difference in height help in the instillation of a T5 type transmission as it should help with all the angles and clearances. It might even help in lowering the cars center of gravity. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

There are finally some aftermarket mounts available for 65-67 Stangs (other than the horrifically high priced TCP units), they offer slightly lower CGs and much stronger than stock for high torque applications. I cannot remember who makes them or which vendor(s) carry them though. Anyone else know?

I don't think it matters beacuse I only know of one part number for coupe or convertibles. So if you can't buy it, it doesn't matter if it existed.
It is possible that it existed at one time though. Anything is possible in 67 when they had a strike. Cars sat with dust on them until the strike was settled and then rushed out. Some were missing things while others used parts not correct for them. Like brianj said, it was a strange year.

mustangdave said:
I don't think it matters beacuse I only know of one part number for coupe or convertibles. So if you can't buy it, it doesn't matter if it existed.
It is possible that it existed at one time though. Anything is possible in 67 when they had a strike. Cars sat with dust on them until the strike was settled and then rushed out. Some were missing things while others used parts not correct for them. Like brianj said, it was a strange year.
I thought the strick was in 68 :shrug: