68 Single Piston Calipers

bishop1911

Apr 11, 2005
I have tried to assemble this several times, but it never seems to go right. from having to run a tap through the threads for the banjo bolts, to missing pieces, it is a problem. Anyway, I have all the pieces and brakcets, but something in the setup doesn't seem right. Does anyone have detailed pictures or descriptions for some of this? There is a brake pad that seems to just "sit" in place between the rotor and then caliper. And there is nothing to keep it attached. If this is the case, what keeps it off of the rotor? There is also a metallic clip that appears to attach to nothing and in fact I don't even have a hole for it on my caliper. Also, in my spindles there is a rubber bushing where the retaining bolt goes to attach caliper. With the brake kit, there was a rubber bolt cover. Well, without the rubber cover it is an extremely tight fit, there is not way they would both go on. Is the rubber cover just in case you do not have the rubber bushing in the spindle? If anyone can direct me that would be great.

• Sponsors (?)