'70 conv. Mustang Boss 351 Restoration

• Sponsors (?)

Solid HoRNZ said:
Show me a picture ... if you can find one, so I can compare, plz.

Although the engine on this page has aftermarket rocker arms, you can see the guideplates pretty clearly(3rd, 4th & 6th pictures). You'll also note that the rockers are mounted to studs that extend up thru the arm and are adjustable, unlike the non-adjustable bolt-down rockers on non-Boss motors.

It's all good Hornz.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people here who have been building Fords and running dyno tests for years. They are not easily fooled and tossing out dyno numbers and Boss names will not fool anybody. While the non-Ford guy will just nod when you say Boss, they guys here are the hardcore guys who have been doing it for years. Bull**** walks on this board. It's not personal.

You have a great car and that motor is a damn good one, even if it isn't a Boss. Chin up Bro, and keep posting pics of your progress.

Max Power said:
It's all good Hornz.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of people here who have been building Fords and running dyno tests for years. They are not easily fooled and tossing out dyno numbers and Boss names will not fool anybody. While the non-Ford guy will just nod when you say Boss, they guys here are the hardcore guys who have been doing it for years. Bull**** walks on this board. It's not personal.

You have a great car and that motor is a damn good one, even if it isn't a Boss. Chin up Bro, and keep posting pics of your progress.

It's cool man, I'm hear to learn. It's just that I was shocked, I thaught it was a Boss for so long :nonono: . Anyway still got to see if the block is still good after 18 years or else, I'm thinking of a 428. My paps gonna call his friend witch sold the car to him and check it out. Maybe the guy got fooled when he bought the engine. I'll let you know.