82 GT Paint pics!

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
Here's a car I've been doing at the shop for a while now. Last year I did the drive train and all that fun stuff and now were doing the paint and interior. Its going to be black with a maroon pearl in it. Its a sick color, like the black on my car but with maroon in it. The interior is going to be red with black headliner and carpets with Red and black recaro seats. Its a one owner car and he got it for his first car brand new in 82. It was a very solid car. Only one little rust spot in the engine bay and the bottom of the drivers door needed attention. I'm gonna be spraying it up Monday morning and then the parts later in the week.
DSCN4161.jpg

DSCN4160.jpg

DSCN4159.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a car I've been doing at the shop for a while now. Last year I did the drive train and all that fun stuff and now were doing the paint and interior. Its going to be black with a maroon pearl in it. Its a sick color, like the black on my car but with maroon in it. The interior is going to be red with black headliner and carpets with Red and black recaro seats. Its a one owner car and he got it for his first car brand new in 82. It was a very solid car. Only one little rust spot in the engine bay and the bottom of the drivers door needed attention. I'm gonna be spraying it up Monday morning and then the parts later in the week.

hehe

Ok here's pics of the paint ON the car not NEXT to the car lol The color is a honda black with the blue and violet pearl substituted with a maroon pearl. Looks really really nice. It should look killer in the sun but we just got like 5 inches of rain and its still on and off so we can't get a good look of the color yet. I'm gonna be shooting the parts (hood, hatch, doors and bumpers) on Wednesday and hopefully will have the car mostly put together by the weekend. This car is going to be gorgeous. I looove 82 GT's.
DSCN4163.jpg

DSCN4164.jpg

DSCN4165.jpg

DSCN4166.jpg

DSCN4167.jpg

DSCN4168.jpg

View attachment 226202
DSCN4170.jpg

DSCN4171.jpg

DSCN4172.jpg

DSCN4173.jpg

DSCN4174.jpg

DSCN4175.jpg

DSCN4176.jpg

DSCN4177.jpg

DSCN4178.jpg

DSCN4179.jpg

DSCN4180.jpg

View attachment 226214
DSCN4182.jpg

DSCN4183.jpg

DSCN4184.jpg

DSCN4185.jpg

DSCN4186.jpg

DSCN4187.jpg

DSCN4188.jpg

DSCN4189.jpg

DSCN4190.jpg

DSCN4191.jpg

DSCN4192.jpg

DSCN4193.jpg

You do some awesome work man
Thanks, I love what I do. Got up at 5:45 to get to work and bring the car to the shop to spray it and had no problem with being up that early at all!
Holy DEEP BLACK CHERRY looking color :drool:
Yea I really really like it. Straight black is cool but the flip flop really puts a personality to it. The owner asked me if I could do a blue pearl because he's a cowboys fan but I think with the red calipers, and red interior it would clash. The red really goes well with this car.
I agree, you guys do some amazing work!!!

There happens to be what looks like an 82 GT in a guys yard on my route between my parents and my house. I have to stop myself from finding the guys house and buying it off him!!!
Thanks! I would do that in a heart beat. I LOVE the look of the 79 pace car/ 82 GT look. One of these days I'm going to get my hands on a Pace car and restore it. Maybe do my first all original fox restoration on one.

Amazing work as always.
Thanks again!
That looks excellent cannot wait to see the entire thing painted up and put back together!

We should have the car pretty much all assembled by the end of the day on friday, at least most of it, and then well wet sand and buff the dirt an stuff out.

See the whole black cherry color...i'm looking for that but instead of a cherry hue added i want a grey hue added. Does that make sense? Let me get almost black but with a charcoal grey pearl to it. I haven't seen anything like it yet.

Thats probably nice, check out that Tuxedo black I told you about in your paint thread. Its a really really cool black. I'm a big fan of black with pearls in it. I could get you the paint code for you and probably a picture of the color in the can. I painted some dash panels for my buddys boat with sterling grey and tuxedo black since its gonna be in the sun and I wanted something to pop. This color really looks nice in the light.
panel.jpg