Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

That GT hood is going to look killer Dave.. Will it be getting the same stripe/lettering treatment as the other hood?
Honestly Chris, I just want the scoop for now. Like what Nick @95BlueStallion has plans for with his car. I'll two sided tape it to the hood. Obviously paint it the trim grey and finish it in the satin clear.

The hood will get stored until Roby is driving and I have a couple spare nickels to rub together. Should I send it to the guys that blasted the first hood?:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

At that stage as I build up the parts for the new drivetrain I'll get it media blasted, repair it, then set it aside in storage till the day that Roby has the opportunity to be a badass.

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly Chris, I just want the scoop for now. Like what Nick @95BlueStallion has plans for with his car. I'll two sided tape it to the hood. Obviously paint it the trim grey and finish it in the satin clear.

The hood will get stored until Roby is driving and I have a couple spare nickels to rub together. Should I send it to the guys that blasted the first hood?:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

At that stage as I build up the parts for the new drivetrain I'll get it media blasted, repair it, then set it aside in storage till the day that Roby has the opportunity to be a badass.

Sounds good Dave,Roby is going to turn out great.
The car you're getting the hood from-does it have the drivetrain still intact?

Reactions: 1 user
Just thinking out loud dave,that if you are going to rebuild an engine and trans.. Might as well be the engine and trans you want :D
He does not want a non-roller block 5.0...and the chicken peen sized exhaust ports that go with that.

That is unless you plan to have to add Zinc enhancers to keep the flat tappet cam alive Dave? Or convert it over to a retro roller.

He does not want a non-roller block 5.0...and the chicken peen sized exhaust ports that go with that.

That is unless you plan to have to add Zinc enhancers to keep the flat tappet cam alive Dave? Or convert it over to a retro roller.

I agree with mike-you should go with aftermarket heads on that 5.0 when you rebuild it :D

BTW....80 bucks! That's right $80 for the hood and scoop!
IMG_0511.PNG

You lucky bastard.

Just a suggestion for your nicely painted hood... They make good wall art. Observe exhibit A; my stock '11 hood I cut into a heat extractor, but never finished.

20160501_201644.jpg
As of this post, i have offi
That's what I'm thinking Joe, 351 clearance. Someday. Right now? Just to pretend i'm breaking bad.
IMG_0512.JPG
Well,..At least you got the doll for now.:banana: Can you change him out of his chemical suit and put him in the jacket and fedora?

Turbocharge the V6....How easy would it be to just hack the two exhaust manifolds together, feed one cheap assed turbo, (get a good wastegate though) Then after only a few dirty bastards on a saturday night.......

First it'll be like:
mmfp_0710_02_z-2b1989_mustang_lx-2bburnout-jpg.556453.jpg

But Then it'll be like:
MustangExplosion.jpg

"Whoa!"
Followed immediately afterwards which it will be like:

13669428_942173502577021_5368972373318382816_o.jpg

* Drive faster Dave,....maybe you can blow the fire out!!!

Which in turn is followed by immediately afterwards:

240416-a-jet-dryer-truck-burns-on-the-track-at-the-daytona-500-after-juan-pab.jpg

Dave?.....GET OUT!!! Run from the fire Dave!!!....

I can't watch anymore....Ohh the Humanity!

On second thought,....DONT put a chinee turbo on the V6 Dave...

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I got the fan motor working, the bushing at the bottom end of the armature was seized up on the armature shaft.
IMG_2859.JPG
IMG_2866.JPG

So, it's all clean and nice now.
IMG_2868.JPG
I hooked it up to my jumper battery and it ran, but was making a squalling noise. Not real loud, but the noise was there.

What does that mean? I need a new fan......:nonono:

Win some, lose some.

The oilite bushings have probably dried out. The bushings are sintered bronze and are oil impregnated. if possible, remove them from their mounting. Put them in the oven at 350° for 30 minutes or so. Then put them in a pot with some lightweight motor oil (synthetic if you have some sitting around). put them on the stove and heat at 300° for about 15-20 minutes. The sintered bronze will soak up the oil and work as good as new.

See https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=oilite+bushings&*&spf=68 for sources of replacement bushings

Want to know more about the Oilite process? see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oilite

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.