Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
In primer, tomorrow I'll modify it to be able to use two sided tape.
IMG_2896.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn you Dave, you stole my idea for the scoop. I will have quite a bit of left over PBA from my bumper, so that was my plan as well. However, I decided that I am going to go ahead and trim my down a little. It doesnt follow the body lines of the aero nose hood, so I am going to change that, as well as how it sits. I think I will start that tonight while I wait for my touch up spots of PBA to cure on the bumper.

Damn you Dave, you stole my idea for the scoop. I will have quite a bit of left over PBA from my bumper, so that was my plan as well. However, I decided that I am going to go ahead and trim my down a little. It doesnt follow the body lines of the aero nose hood, so I am going to change that, as well as how it sits. I think I will start that tonight while I wait for my touch up spots of PBA to cure on the bumper.
I'll start with the PBA first thing tomorrow morning. By lunch I should be able to shave it fairly easy with a sharp razor.

I didn't steal it, btw. You posted it first and I borrowed it.:spot:

Reactions: 1 users
You're so funny Noobz. I thought that was partially the intention in addition to the add campaign back in '83 being,"The Boss is Back!". I was thinking a play on words there.

I sanded the inside edge of the scoop with fourty grit. Cleaned it and made a form for the PBA with 2" tape.
IMG_2898.JPG
Then sprayed plastic adhesion promoter and spread out the PBA.
IMG_2899.JPG

Hopefully by noon I can start trimming it with a new razor.

I got the hood scoop this morning, yes, I know I was supposed to get a hood with it. The hood had a rot hole under the scoop. The hood wasn't the type that came with the hole from the factory, so I just got the scoop.
IMG_2894.JPG

I still payed the guy $80 for it and I'm happy with that.

It's been painted a few times. I'll strip it, primer and block it, then paint.
IMG_2895.JPG

I'll be two sided taping it to my hood. I'll need to build up the edge with some PBA to give the tape a "shelf" to stick to since the edge is just to small to offer solid adhesion.
image.jpg
@95BlueStallion , were you going to do something like that with yours?

Personally,...I think the whole fiberglass/ABS hood scoop thing is so,........1980's of the both of you. Whether you keep it at the stock height, or trim it down to a "blurb" on the hood, the fact that you two are contemplating a "stick on" solution says one thing to me about the both of you's.

No Balls.
Yes,.....you read it right,...you're both Girly men who stick their hood scoops on with tape.

Real men make things out of steel. Real men come up with their own ideas, get out their tools, get out their steel, and make things happen. Real men then take the things that they make happen, and weld them to other things made out of steel.

Cause real men have balls,....and that's what it takes to be a real man.

Then, because you're such a real man,...you go out and do that again to a different hood.

Then again, to yet another different hood.

Cause why?

Balls....

Reactions: 4 users
I had a hood scoop on my 84. It was a 68 Boss scoop but it was cut out underneath an bolted on. I don't think it looked too bad.
332612_276188959063579_1717203_o.jpg

I had a hood scoop on my 84. It was a 68 Boss scoop but it was cut out underneath an bolted on. I don't think it looked too bad.
332612_276188959063579_1717203_o.jpg
You're making me do it aren't you?

There was no 68 Boss.

MOF 68 mustangs didn't have a scoop on the hood at all,....they had heat extractor style slats...i.e.
8f096abef1c84b031550e510893c2d4d.jpg

The scoop you had was run of the mill 69 mustang add on. It could be had on any of the 3 bodystyles offered for that year and meant nothing, other than to give a place to stick on an engine displacement badge.
i.e.
1969-Mustang-Convertible.jpg

1969_00039_01.jpg

1969_Ford_Mustang_GT_390_Sportsroof_%2815577181522%29.jpg

And in 1969,...when there actually was a Boss, The 69/70 Boss 302 had no scoop at all

400251-1000-0.jpg

and in 69 and 70, only the big dude had one,..and it ain't the one you're talkin' about..

69boss4291.jpg

And this ends classic Mustang scoopology 101.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program where we find our hero walkin around in lace panties, talkin about sticking his scoop on w/ tape...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
@madmike1157 why did I spend 75 bucks on that thing ? The date code said 68 :shrug:

I know a lot...about a little bit, apparently :bang:

My car still looked cool...with the kidney beans...and the v6. Lol

You're making me do it aren't you?

There was no 68 Boss.

MOF 68 mustangs didn't have a scoop on the hood at all,....they had heat extractor style slats...i.e.
8f096abef1c84b031550e510893c2d4d.jpg

The scoop you had was run of the mill 69 mustang add on. It could be had on any of the 3 bodystyles offered for that year and meant nothing, other than to give a place to stick on an engine displacement badge.
i.e.
1969-Mustang-Convertible.jpg

1969_00039_01.jpg

1969_Ford_Mustang_GT_390_Sportsroof_%2815577181522%29.jpg

And in 1969,...when there actually was a Boss, The 69/70 Boss 302 had no scoop at all

400251-1000-0.jpg

and in 69 and 70, only the big dude had one,..and it ain't the one you're talkin' about..

69boss4291.jpg

And this ends classic Mustang scoopology 101.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program where we find our hero walkin around in lace panties, talkin about sticking his scoop on w/ tape...
Lace! Please! lace chafes the sensitive areas. It's silk for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.