Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

New engine pulling toys!:banana:
EF8F0BC9-1F7E-4FA0-908C-6A5D6236F3BD.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I went to my storage unit at lunch today and yanked out the carpet and removed the front bumper.
8E648124-F3E7-417F-BDE5-25A037495323.jpeg
8576E664-25E1-4447-8C6D-25FF512049AE.jpeg
Guess I’ll be needing to add a radiator support to my list:cry:

It’s been hit high and it’s been hit low.
90247E7F-5FD7-4159-9B77-B6EF88E1DA39.jpeg
7F448F8A-F928-48E3-A78D-2B4D769B0FCA.jpeg
I don’t know of anyone that sells the inner structure, so once I take off the old one I’ll need to pound those pieces straight again and weld up the tears in them.

The header panel needs to be replaced as well.
image.jpg

I have a good one from the bumper I already shot though, I’m good there:nice:

I’m going to harbor freight tonight after work and pick up a set of wheel dollies, that’ll make working on Scuby a little easier in the storage unit.

Attachments

• 9C4F1E47-66EB-4B5B-BE02-CD93AC23D1FB.jpeg
    9C4F1E47-66EB-4B5B-BE02-CD93AC23D1FB.jpeg
    675 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: 1 users
I went to my storage unit at lunch today and yanked out the carpet and removed the front bumper.

I don’t know of anyone that sells the inner structure, so once I take off the old one I’ll need to pound those pieces straight again and weld up the tears in them.

image.jpg

I’m going to harbor freight tonight after work and pick up a set of wheel dollies, that’ll make working on Scuby a little easier in the storage unit.
So you are going to replace the core support with a tube front end? That's gonna free up lots of room for an aluminum radiator/condenser /intercooler-Great idea Dave :) lol
Word to the wise on those HF dollies-they kinda suck. Any cracks in the concrete,debri,rocks etc will stop them-and they are easy to bend/break :-(

Edit:
Personal experience-
IMG_2039.JPG

Took that pic just for you dave lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So you are going to replace the core support with a tube front end? That's gonna free up lots of room for an aluminum radiator/condenser /intercooler-Great idea Dave :) lol
Word to the wise on those HF dollies-they kinda suck. Any cracks in the concrete,debri,rocks etc will stop them-and they are easy to bend/break :-(
Only two places I’ll be using them, in the storage unit and the garage, both have pretty nice slabs to roll around on.

Edit:
Personal experience-
IMG_2039.JPG

Took that pic just for you dave lol
You know, I was thinking about your tubular comment.

At least the lower piece like Scott did probably wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Just thinking things through, I will be putting in a totally different radiator along with the intercooler there. The t-bird isn’t a fox body, so the support is different.

Things will change a bit around that area. I got some thinking to do.

At least the lower piece like Scott did probably wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Just thinking things through, I will be putting in a totally different radiator along with the intercooler there. The t-bird isn’t a fox body, so the support is different.

I really like the way Scott fabbed his lower to bolt in.

image.jpg

Noooo!!! I have an entire set that I'll give you. Be advised, they suck. The car will barely roll on these things, idk why they don't work, I just know that I blew more than one nut trying to push the car while mine sat on these things.

Which Scott and where can I find these photos?

I'll vouch for the suckiness of the HF dollies. BUT, they can be made to work better. Before you put the casters on, OIL THE :poo: out of the wheels and the castering part. The hardest part is getting the car to change directions. So if I push it towards the wall, once it's rolling I can just lean my fat ass on the car and it will move. BUT the next time I want to move it to the middle, it is bust a nut time to get the damn casters to spin around and let the car roll the other way.

Use Mobil 1. That way you have racing wheel dollies!

@RaggedGT I don't think those things are made for gravel driveways!

:thinking:

my wheel dollies cam from summit (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrm-m998104) a bit expensive but work great, my old garage had a swept finish and it rolled fine. just make sure the car has some weight if you go over an expansion/slab joint cause the casters can get stuck and then the car can roll off if it has enough speed.

and you saw in my thread what i did for a rad support (modified teamz, waste of $ imo), RacEoHolic330 also scratch made his with square tube. lrs (can find it other places too) also repops the whole thing if you need it.

They really aren't that bad if you oil them up...maybe even sprinkle a little sand around each one so they can pivot easier...but they are miles easier than jacking the front up, dragging it over, jacking the back up dragging it over...rinse repeat. Get a coupon and they're pretty damn cheap. I think they are fine for a Fox body. Not an Excursion or 63 Impala, though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.