Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I should be testing my drones out. I'll be up in Maine next weekend on a lake so I want to get some sunset video of the foliage over the water. Maybe that's what I'll do now

Reactions: 1 user
I'm making a "Cliff Notes" version of this big as*ed thread. I'm only including pictures of actual progress. So if you want to do a quick catch up, here's the link. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/83-t-top-coupe-cliff-notes-edition.900362/

Just so you know, the first twenty-five pages of this thread fit into barely over two there:eek:.

Don't comment over there, I'll delete your post.
I have commented several times over there mostly because I had no clue I was "over there".
Regardless of how consolidated it is Dave,..it still takes hours to read through.
You have done a ton of sht already.

I have commented several times over there mostly because I had no clue I was "over there".
Regardless of how consolidated it is Dave,..it still takes hours to read through.
You have done a ton of sht already.
I noticed that as I was going through the thread. I’d keep forgetting about things I had done.

Had my drone out at my parents house yesterday and took some pictures.

/derail

org_7284859078b156e6_1506799091000.jpg
org_c77ea747a2792bdc_1506798860000.jpg

Attachments

• org_b271a6ac2b0b913e_1506799823000.jpg
    org_b271a6ac2b0b913e_1506799823000.jpg
    837.5 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 1 users
I got some stuff done today.

I took the reciprocating saw to the exhaust and got everything off. Off to the metal bin with it.
IMG_3570.JPG

Here's my cute little exhaust manifolds, they may become wall art.
IMG_3569.JPG

I'm not real sure what this little vacuum valve is for, it was on the driver's side exhaust manifold.
IMG_3571.JPG

Here the engine sits now. I was going to disconnect the engine from the transmission, but then I thought maybe I should just yank them out together. Anyone see any issues with doing that? It being an automatic, I didn't know if there might be a problem with that or not.
IMG_3573.JPG

I was going to remove the driveshaft but I'm kind of tired today, so that's all the farther I got. I guess you could say I'm exhausted.
IMG_0708.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
The auto holds a bunch of fluid, as Im sure you know. Be ready for it to be running out of the tail shaft as you pull the whole shabang out of the car.

Edit: When I pulled the C4 out of my old Ranger, I drained the pan and the convertor. Tossed the whole thing in the truck to haul to the dump after work, and came out from work to a giant puddle in the bed and under the truck.

Tonight I'll remove the driveshaft, cut out the radiator support and a few other things to get ready to pull it. I'll drop the pan as well and let it drip for a day. I need to drain the tc as well, assuming it has a drain plug.

I need to air up the right rear tire too, i'll need to shift the car around a little to do this.

At least with the radiator support out of the way I won't have to lift too high. The door in the storage unit gives me a low ceiling.

I intend to block the tailshaft with the yoke from the driveshaft. I'll take the driveshaft with me to work tomorrow to remove it from the driveshaft.

Reactions: 1 users
Tonight I'll remove the driveshaft, cut out the radiator support and a few other things to get ready to pull it. I'll drop the pan as well and let it drip for a day. I need to drain the tc as well, assuming it has a drain plug.

I need to air up the right rear tire too, i'll need to shift the car around a little to do this.

At least with the radiator support out of the way I won't have to lift too high. The door in the storage unit gives me a low ceiling.

I intend to block the tailshaft with the yoke from the driveshaft. I'll take the driveshaft with me to work tomorrow to remove it from the driveshaft.

You know some part stores have a plug for the tail shaft for like $6

Status
Not open for further replies.