Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn! I was all excited for the supercharger removal, but the news about your brother puts it all in place. I know how you feel. I had just visited my 85 year old dad last week. Sunday night my sister texts and says he had a heart attack and was in the ER. LUCKILY, it was very minor and he was only at the hospital 2 nights and he's back home sounding normal. I hope the treatment helps and at least your brother gets more quality time with family!

Reactions: 1 user
My heart goes out to you and your brother. Again...I'm without words. I've never been you your shoes and can only imagine what you and your family are going through.

Soooo deeply sorry about your brother Dave! Make sure you can spend as much time with him as possible while he's still himself. Cancer is just awful man! I lost my mom and a few other close family members to cancer over the last 2 decades so if you ever just need someone to talk to I'll be happy to listen.

-Nick

I don't really have much to add other than to say that myself and many others will be praying for your brother, you and your family that all would go well and that you will all be comforted in the event it doesn't.

I just looked at the supercharger pics again and damn, did the PO have like a caulk gun of orange Permatex or what?

Speaking of which... Cut your own gaskets out of material designed specifically for mating aluminum to aluminum and forget the sealant altogether.

Edit:

Or maybe the clear red stuff. I remember using it on the KenneBell.

0001442_intercooler-resealing-tape-gasket-eliminator.gif

Last edited:
Finally had time to put Scuby up on the frame machine today. I was pretty thrilled we had the measurements in our computer for fox mustangs.
1E008348-24F1-41E9-9501-91C58C5647B5.jpeg

He was out a little bit on the right rear, pushed up and out a little. A couple tugs backwards and downwards and the tweak on the right quarter sail panel area popped back in.

From side to side the rear subframes are different by 7mm now, they were close to twenty at the beginning. This is plenty good enough now for me. Hell, just watching that big outy suck back in was good enough.
9EB0391C-F088-4028-A9D9-85F6622FC570.jpeg

The front subframes are marvelously straight and even between sides.
CCF3BA05-E364-4A61-A7A0-4C97654FD22E.jpeg

I’ll drop him down off the frame machine tomorrow and he’ll head back to the storage unit.

Reactions: 6 users
Nothing big today, just loaded up the old engine onto my pick up without any breaks, gouges or scratches on my body. I'm pretty proud of myself.

It seems like I can go buy new pillows and end up with a four inch gash on my forehead.
IMG_3639.JPG
IMG_3640.JPG

I'll be dropping it off at the yard tomorrow night.

Reactions: 1 users
Dave have you considered keeping the brackets and pulleys off the old motor,maybe the distributor any other might be hard to come by parts?
I would Chris, but the SC engine is quite a bit different. And, oxymoronically, similar at the same time.

I am keeping all of the SC brackets for right now though. There will be a bunch of modifications with this engine as I develop a way to make it look "right" in Scuby's engine bay.

Chris?! I really love this sht! I can't wait till it gets close to install time.

Reactions: 2 users
I can totally see you powdercoating all of the pulleys for the SC setup....

If you go with an aftermarket case and do a full rebuild I suggest having the entire thing powdercoated. Only cavat is the snout and rotor bearing plate must be disassembled.... not something I suggest you do yourself rotor timing is critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.