89 conv. back glass

Ricky D

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
canada,quebec
Hi! somebody vandelized my 89 mustang convertible :mad: I need a back glass for it...my top is white.
Can I just change the glass in the vinyl part :shrug: if so ...how do I glue it back and with what kind of glue.

• Sponsors (?)

you technically can just change out the glass but that would not be a good idea. it would be better just to buy a new one. the vinyl part on my top started to seperate from the glass and i kept trying to glue it back but it looked terrible, i kept having to re-glue it every month or so and it would never glue up evenly.
new ones with the glass cost about $130. if you can go to the junk yard and find one there. that would be best because new ones don't come with the part that you have to bolt down on the bottom. you would need to take it somewhere to have it installed. good luck and sorry about what happened to your stang

The convertible top is made up of 2 seperate pieces.Theres the large piece that covers your head,sides and part of the back.The other piece comes with either a plastic or glass window.Glass preffered.This piece is a piece of vinyl that zips right into the back of the top with a rubber gasket around the sides.It isn't difficult to install.Only the Main top which covers your head is difficult to replace.I say zips because it has a zipper attachment and is concealed into the insides.You can buy a new back vinyl piece with glass allready in it for about $130.You dont just replace the glass by itself.Not a good idea.

Let me know if you need any more info about this.

BMM

Edit - :bang: I slightly mis-understood some of what Mousetrap said......Oh well.All is well now :p :bang: